Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis Medallion

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I've been getting more and more into Indy's adventures lately as I write my own version of his journal and recently read the Fate of Atlantis comics and watched way too many hours of walk throughs for the computer game. I love the designs of the Atlantean artifacts and had some free time and a hunk of Sculpey, so I decided to have a go at Sophie's Atlantean Medallion.

atlantis03.jpg

Basic sculpt before being baked:

AtlantisMedallion1.jpg
AtlantisMedallion2.jpg

Hardened and painted bronze with gold dry-drushing:

AtlantisMedallion3.jpg
AtlantisMedallion4.jpg

Painted weathering and verdigree:

AtlantisMedallion5.jpg

AtlantisMedallion6.jpg

And here it is with an orichalcum bead placed in it's mouth:

AtlantisMedallion7.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a (relatively cheap) decent looking chain that is fairly SA? I've searched through lots of copper and bronze chains online, but nothing is the right style.http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/msbillen/AtlantisMedallion1.jpg

nice work, made one myself a couple of years ago. Here's a pic of the master prior to molding. Still need to do a new, more accurate chain, though and i am thinking about having a couple cast in brass.
atlantis1.jpg

Very nice! Very clean. I never noticed before that the spiral actually curls back on itself. Doh! Oh well, I suppose mine is a hybrid then - part in-game design and part back-of-box design.

How did you go about making the chain?

Took me a while to figure out how the curling actually was

the round links were made by winding brass rod around a rod of metal. The straight link by doing the same on a flat piece of metal

Woa, too weird. Just beat the game a half hour ago and started my quest for props only to find that you posted this thread today!

Nicely done on both accounts gentlemen.
Eventually I plan to make one myself, have the patten sitting around here somewhere.

thegreatgalling, Others have made a few other props from the game.
The Idol, magazine and the round plates.

If your a member of COW there are a few threads posted over there as well as other makers of the medallion.

D6

Yep, this has always been a great prop to replicate...:)
23ww3d4.jpg

The weathering/patina isn't that strong in person, it's more like this:
2n9gqoz.jpg

Totally awesome! (y)thumbsup

It's very cool to see how others interpret the medallion. I've got one in the works as well right now. Going at it from a little different angle though. I really hope that it will turn out as nice as these.

Scott

thegreatgalling, Others have made a few other props from the game.
The Idol, magazine and the round plates.

If your a member of COW there are a few threads posted over there as well as other makers of the medallion.

D6

Thanks for the info D6. I am a member and will be looking long and hard for where I can find one!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back