Indiana Jones - Elsa Lucky Lighter

unerhij

Hello there,

Its been a LONG time since I posted something up on here.

At some point last year my sister asked me if I would be interested in her making me a Grail Diary Replica as she had always wanted to make one and if she had to make me one she would feel she would have to complete it and not shelf the project. Of course I sad yes to it and happily went on getting excited about Indiana Jones. She has an instagram account documenting her progress here Login • Instagram

As a way of saying thank you to her I thought long and hard about something that I get her as a way of a thank you. I searched long and hard and found old threads and old runs of the lucky lighter but couldn't seem to find one to buy SO I decided to make one.

This is my very first and rough test attempt, that I have just finished today.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 13.46.17.png

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 13.45.56.png

Please let me know your thoughts, good and bad.
Thanks,
Jon

Last edited:
looks great-wonderful job.

This clover lighter from zippo does exist --it was an actual sale item. I bought one on ebay 2 years back for 10 dollars in a zippo box. If you are patient enough, they come up from time to time new in the box

Hello there,

At some point last year my sister asked me if I would be interested in her making me a Grail Diary Replica as she had always wanted to make one and if she had to make me one she would feel she would have to complete it and not shelf the project. Of course I sad yes to it and happily went on getting excited about Indiana Jones. She has an instagram account documenting her progress here Login • Instagram

As a way of saying thank you to her I thought long and hard about something that I get her as a way of a thank you. I searched long and hard and found old threads and old runs of the lucky lighter but couldn't seem to find one to buy SO I decided to make some.

This is my very first and rough test attempt, that I have just finished today. I have a number of things I will do to the next one to ensure its better but I am really pleased with the look and feel of the whole lighter. If anyone is interested I can document out my whole process and I have enough parts to make a number of them.

View attachment 1535723
View attachment 1535724

Thanks,
Jon
I would be interested in learning how you made it so I can try.

Thanks,
Pat

Hello there,

As a way of saying thank you to her I thought long and hard about something that I get her as a way of a thank you. I searched long and hard and found old threads and old runs of the lucky lighter but couldn't seem to find one to buy SO I decided to make one.

This is my very first and rough test attempt, that I have just finished today.

View attachment 1535723
View attachment 1535724

Thanks,
Jon
This looks great! How did you make it?

Agree this does look really good. Also if you can post any pics in a bit better lighting to see the the shamrock, that would be great.

Here is a zippo that I just got yesterday. Bought it on eBay.

Attachments

• 0A939DB2-84CD-4FDC-946D-B4738BEF3E22.jpeg
    0A939DB2-84CD-4FDC-946D-B4738BEF3E22.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • BBFB3CFD-841D-4238-BDE1-E679DCCED584.jpeg
    BBFB3CFD-841D-4238-BDE1-E679DCCED584.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • A98B42B2-6D95-4170-9493-0C5501332D3C.jpeg
    A98B42B2-6D95-4170-9493-0C5501332D3C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
I’ve seen those on eBay too. I think it looks great, but I was hoping to get one that has the thick raised white badges like the ones made by Raider Relic, but I haven’t seen any available on that website in several years. Anyone know where I can get one?

I’m also interested in an authentic zippo with the raised white badges. I tried Luke0312 as well but nada.

Hey there,

I used thin white plastic that I had cnc cut to the correct dimensions for the top and bottom which was then applied to the case on each side.

I then designed the shamrock using adobe matching the screen used prop as best I could and had them made as slide decals.

Put it all together and applied a clear coat for protection over the top.

I have enough parts to make some more.

I was trying to make it look as screen accurate as I could.

Hope this helps
Jon

Like I said, I’d be interested. Incidentally, for whoever is interested, here is the best screencap I could find

Attachments

• 0C2D33A8-C6F6-4969-AF43-165AFA002E46.jpeg
    0C2D33A8-C6F6-4969-AF43-165AFA002E46.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
Here's a template i did just buy a Zippo lighter or a Zippo style lighter and print two copies on gloss photo paper the template should download the right size and then your done ok not perfect but good enough for a display or cosplay

Attachments

• elsa lighter template.JPG
    elsa lighter template.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 80

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back