Indiana Jones Egyptian Mail newspaper

That was printed by Earl Hays Press. I now know what that paper was from. Found this one a couple months ago
I saw your YouTube video, Props To History: S1E1 "Earl Hays Press and the Recurring Newspaper". It was really fastening to learn about this business and its impact on film and TV. And I subscribed to your channel. Thank you.

But, I still would like to know where and/or how to get the images printed of the EM newspaper prop Petertiger ginned up.

I saw your YouTube video, Props To History: S1E1 "Earl Hays Press and the Recurring Newspaper". It was really fastening to learn about this business and its impact on film and TV. And I subscribed to your channel. Thank you.

But, I still would like to know where and/or how to get the images printed of the EM newspaper prop Petertiger ginned up.
Hi the way I did it was first paused the blue ray of the movie at the scene where Sallah is,holding it to get a good look at the paper and took a screen shot of it i then used Google image search, to find a match for the main image on the front of the paper and once i had that i then did a Google search for the Egyptian Mail newsapaper dated 1938 for reference and used a site called dafont to find a close enough match for the main font and then put the paper together using Photoshop as described in my original post hope this helps you out.

Hi the way I did it was first paused the blue ray of the movie at the scene where Sallah is,holding it to get a good look at the paper and took a screen shot of it i then used Google image search, to find a match for the main image on the front of the paper and once i had that i then did a Google search for the Egyptian Mail newsapaper dated 1938 for reference and used a site called dafont to find a close enough match for the main font and then put the paper together using Photoshop as described in my original post hope this helps you out.
Great! Thanks for the details. Now, when you took it to be printed, did you take a digital file? Was the file jpg or png or something else? Was it on a zip drive on micro-card? Did you take your own newsprint paper to the printer? Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Great! Thanks for the details. Now, when you took it to be printed, did you take a digital file? Was the file jpg or png or something else? Was it on a zip drive on micro-card? Did you take your own newsprint paper to the printer? Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

I put the file onto a SD card in jpg form and I did take the newsprint paper to the printers with me as they were happy for me to do so as I had popped in and asked them about it first, however I have now recently purchased a second hand A3 colour laser printer so I can print things like this myself.

I put the file onto a SD card in jpg form and I did take the newsprint paper to the printers with me as they were happy for me to do so as I had popped in and asked them about it first, however I have now recently purchased a second hand A3 colour laser printer so I can print things like this myself.
Perfect!! BTW, I ginned up a "quick and dirty" Eygtian Mail newspaper prop using your images. Used it when I cosplayed LC Sallah at the Maryland opening of IJ & Dial of Destiny. Again, thanks so much for feedback and guidance.

Attachments

• Sallah Rick DoD 05.jpg
    Sallah Rick DoD 05.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 54
Did a bit more research into it and your right just no replicas out there so decided to have a go at making one up in photoshop,here's what I came up with the logo is almost accurate but font not a perfect match and the date of it is based on Indy,s timeline and the King Farouk picture is the right one but as for the rest it did it movie style putting it together from other news stories from the time with pictures that looked close enough to the one Sallah as got,and did it as 3 separate images in order to get the overall size right, I then put the three images onto a disk took it to my local printing shop and got them to print them out as one image onto thin A3 paper so it looks like a newspaper think it turned out ok but by no means perfect hope this helps you out.
Would you be willing to sell copies of these if requested?

Would you be willing to sell copies of these if requested?
Unfortunately I've only got an a4 printer so I can't print them I took the 3 files I posted to my local printers and got them to stitch them together and print it for me A3 size using the newsprint paper I got of eBay

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back