Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: "That's the Cup of a Carpenter"

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by paulrw, Feb 21, 2012.

1. paulrw

paulrw New Member

I've just finished a project I started last summer.

I've been collecting Indiana Jones props and Costume pieces for a while now, but I really wanted a nice terracotta Grail prop - but I couldn't find one I really liked.

So I did a fair bit of research and worked with a local potter and produced a number of Grails for myself and a few friends.

Having researched the patination on the various screen seen Grails - as far as I could, I prepared a ‘pattern- master’ and then gold leafed each replica individually using Gold-leaf substitute before adding a light wash of white acrylic. Although they’re all hand thrown and therefore unique, each replica measures approximately 11cmx11cmx15cm tall.

Each Grail has taken anything between 5½ and 7 hours to finish - It's taken a long time to complete the run, but I'm pretty pleased with how they worked out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had the potter produce a run and I've listed the spare Grails for Sale in the Junkyard:

[​IMG]

2. paulrw

paulrw New Member

Thank you to those who have e-mailed and PM'd me for further details about this limited run of Terracotta Grails.

I have now sorted the Postage rates for the Grails and revised the thread in the Junkyard.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/s-cup-carpenter-140082/

Thanks to those who have purchased a Grail - the first three are on their way.

[​IMG]

3. Figure5901

Figure5901 Active Member

Job well done. No true Indy fan should be without this iconic prop.