Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Plot hole?

NSStudios

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just noticed that in KOTCS Henry Jones is supposed to be dead. But in The last crusade he drank from the holy grail which gives eternal life.. Someone explain please?

Yeah, wasn't it that it gave him everlasting life only if he didn't cross the seal? That was the price of immortality, as the knight said.

See, I always thought that *any* effects of the grail only worked behind the seal, which is why I never understood why Henry Sr. didn't fall over and die from his gunshot wound...

Yeah, wasn't it that it gave him everlasting life only if he didn't cross the seal? That was the price of immortality, as the knight said.

Immortality maybe, but what about this bit from the script of Last Crusade...(Indy talking with Walter Donovan)

I've heard this one as well. Two of these brothers walked out of the desert one hundred and fifty years after having found the Grail and began the long journey back to France. But only one of them made it. And before dying of extreme old age, he supposedly imparted his tale to a -- to a Franciscan friar, I think.

Based on that, I should think that Henry would have lived a much longer life.

The grail grants Immortality yes, but that don't mean that it stops the aging of the body. Just check the knight that guards the grail. He is not a young man anymore. He even has a hard time lifting the sword.

Plus at the time the two knights traveled to europe meant that you was considered real Old when you were 50 years or less, So having a guy appear just like 70 years mean't they thought he died of really OLD age (for that time)

We don't know how Henry Snr. died. For all we know, he could have been ran over by a car or he may have gone on another "quest" somewhere and just never came back for reasons unknown (where he probably got killed in the process). Immortality may only be limited in its abilities after going past the seal is how I took it.

Enter the grail room at age 40, drink from the cup and hang out behind the seal for 1,000 years. Decide 1,000 years is enough, leave the grail room and cross the seal and the age process kicks back into gear.

Keep in mind, old age at the time of the Knights searching for the grail was probably in your 40's to begin with.

They way that I always understood it is that the grail shouldn't have crossed the seal - If you wanted immortality, you'd have to drink from the grail somewhere in the inards of the temple, not past the seal. Sure Connery crossed the seal, but the grail did too, hence forfeiting immortality. If the grail stayed behind, then I guess he was immortal... :confused

They way that I always understood it is that the grail shouldn't have crossed the seal - If you wanted immortality, you'd have to drink from the grail somewhere in the inards of the temple, not past the seal

Bring in a high speed internet connection, cable TV, and a pizza place that delivers and I'd be set.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back