Incredible Private Prop Collection with hundreds of pics!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by The Mantis, Jun 30, 2006.

1. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

I am a believer that everyone's collection is special in one way or another but what you are about to see will floor you. One ofthe biggest prop and wardrobe collection I have ever seen and I assure you these pics were not taken at a movie studio or Planet Hollywood. This is the private collection of a friend of mine that I have known for over ten years and for the first time ever his collection has been photographed for your enjoyment. No need to ask what is real and what is replica as ALL of his pieces are screen used. Brandon Ahlinger and I travelled this week to visit him and he and his family were the perfect hosts. We were like kids in a candy store and we all had a blast. And now, grab a tall drink and prepare yourself for the the jaw dropping experience that is this incredible collection.......

For the collection and over 200 photos go to:
    http://www1.subether.net/props/gallery/Mamoth

Here are some samples of what you will see...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Helmetman

Helmetman Well-Known Member

Absolutely stunning. I would kill for some display space like that :(

Love the Blade stuff. Really nicely displayed with plenty of space around the items.

Cheers
    Steve :)

3. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very cool of him letting these Photos out.

4. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Wow. Some extremely notable props there.

5. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

That is what was most remarkable...his entire collection is made up of marquis pieces. In the photo album you will see the most amazing pieces.

6. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

holy poo on a stick. :eek

WOW...

7. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice stuff. but, holy slow loading website.

8. cabridges

cabridges New Member

You get the feeling that all of the props the rest of us own are just the ones he didn't want? :)

9. trekkieb47

trekkieb47 Well-Known Member

Anyone else having trouble seeing the full size picture when you click on a thumbnail?

Berry

10. WookieeGunner

WookieeGunner Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ Jun 30 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1271561[/snapback]</div>

I have to ask. How does the scarf stay in place?

11. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

Tied in the back and connected to the coat.

12. Jaintly

Jaintly Active Member

Okay, so, how do I get the job that pays me enough to have a collection like this? Don't tell me I have to win the lottery. Shucks...

13. Ripcode

Ripcode Well-Known Member

Holy Cow. :eek

What doesn't this guy have??

14. MattMunson

MattMunson Master Member

15. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

Whoa...

Love the boots and face molds from Face/Off.

Thanks to your friend for sharing pics with everyone.

Bruce

16. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

Ok, found something even cooler from Face/Off on page 29:

[​IMG]

This guy owns Castor Troy's box o' goodies... :thumbsup

Bruce

17. TK171

TK171 Well-Known Member

awesome collection.. words can not describe it.

this the person who goes by "SAINT" on the yourprops site?- always noticed a TON of screen used stuff from that person.. and then saw the cyke and storm costume in the pics and kinda figured as much.

18. WookieeGunner

WookieeGunner Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ Jun 30 2006, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1271608[/snapback]</div>
    I guess I need to be more specific. How does the FRONT of the scarf stay in place. I.e. keep from slipping off the nose or riding up showing neck?

19. GDafi

GDafi Sr Member

That is amazing, oh how I wish I was able to build up a collection like that ;)

20. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Holy ****... that's one AMAZING amount of props... absolutely STUNNING. Remember to thank your friend from me for showing pictures of all these cool props. :thumbsup

Jaw-droppingly impressed.

21. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Racks and racks of screen-used stuff. :love

Great Rocketeer stuff too.

22. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

is he connected with people in the industry or does he really pay auction values for this stuff?

Just unbelievable....

23. RKW

RKW Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(cabridges @ Jun 30 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1271600[/snapback]</div>
    So true :D

Thanks for sharing Mantis :thumbsup

24. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

He is just a guy like you and me trying to rescue movie history one prop at a time....

25. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

Jesus........ :lol
    Stockpiling for the Hollywood collapse :) That is a trip of a collection. It reminds me of a a 3rd rate film I saw on Conemax called Snakeskin Jacket: a guy working at a bank who embezzles small amounts of money from every customer, gathers most of it for the future and the rest?
    Invests in costumes. Now these costumes (Seven Year Itch dress, Elvis Thunderbird suit, Marlon Brando's snakeskin jacket, all kinds of classic pieces) are also stolen, which is the only reason that the guy had access ;) But that was a movie.
    But DANG............
    JJ

26. gnrlotto

gnrlotto Sr Member

Jeez, Lou-freaking-ise, whatta collection. :lol

Erring on the side of OCD, sure, but still, wow. :thumbsup

27. AlltoEasy

AlltoEasy Well-Known Member

I think I just soiled myself, that collection is one of the most wonderful things Ive seen in the last six months.

I am in awe.....

Dan

28. Ramiel

Ramiel Sr Member

And I was envious of your collection...
    You killed me, man.

29. Harry Harris

Harry Harris Well-Known Member

For the record technically the Pulse Rifle isn't screen-used in the true sense of the term, but it is made from original parts (apart from the grip) and was re-assembled when it was commissioned back in the 90s.

The current owner and I have discussed this and he's cool with it, I just wanted to point it out to those who might not know.

Oh, it's the one that appears in the Aliens Technical Manual by the way.

Harry

30. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div align="CENTER">:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

[​IMG]

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek</div>

I AM SPEECHLESS.

I feel like I just found Noah's ark (or some other lost historical icon/treasure).

Great picture too. You don't get a real feel for how thick that blade on that thing is, when you watch the movie.

31. Patattack

Patattack Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good lord. He's got the Samaritan, and Constantine's gun, and all that Mummy stuff, and the pulse rifle, and....wow.

Hey, since you said everything's screen-used...does that mean the Mummy keys are actually open-and-close-able? Or are they just static, open keys?

32. replicaprops

replicaprops Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Whats the alarm code to his house and the nearest uhaul dealer
    just kidding.......or am I

33. Fizbin

Fizbin Well-Known Member

Must be nice to be a billionaire. :p

34. Patattack

Patattack Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Nexus6 @ Jun 30 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1271818[/snapback]</div>
    I AM SPEECHLESS.

I feel like I just found Noah's ark (or some other lost historical icon/treasure).

Great picture too. You don't get a real feel for how thick that blade on that thing is, when you watch the movie.
    [/b][/quote]

Wait. Wait. Is that the Reaver axe from River's big scene in Serenity? Wow, I didn't even recognize it. Funny, too, since I was just thinking that the only thing this collection was missing was a couple of Firefly trinkets.

35. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

That is the Conan axe....and yes, the Mummy keys are hero working ones..

36. Stormer

Stormer Well-Known Member

holy crap, that has to be THE best collection ive ever seen, and all screen used?.?.

i need to get a better job

37. King Ranger

King Ranger Sr Member

:eek

Not only did I soil myself but I had to spend the last tens minutes picking my fingers up since my jaw wasn't the only thing to hit the floor.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick up things when your fingers have fallen off from excitement?

There aren't enough words in the word to describe how incredibly cool that collection is and I'm still going through the pics.

Yet another pair of Matrix boots too?.?. Wow.

Ryu

38. frightzone_4_you

frightzone_4_you Well-Known Member

WOW... :thumbsup :thumbsup

39. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

40. Cpl Smith

Cpl Smith Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Patattack @ Jul 1 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]1271828[/snapback]</div>
    I AM SPEECHLESS.

[/b][/quote]

Wait. Wait. Is that the Reaver axe from River's big scene in Serenity? Wow, I didn't even recognize it. Funny, too, since I was just thinking that the only thing this collection was missing was a couple of Firefly trinkets.
    [/b][/quote]

Thats the axe Arnold used in Conan the Barbarian...at the Battle of the Mounds. Always one of the best weapons he used in that movie...

Derek

41. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Wow...Being a noob...I have never seen the like. It also seems neither have some of the oldtimers. So that's some collection then...

Please express all of our thanks for sharing the pics of such an amazing feat and an inspiring collection.

High Regards
    TAZ

42. Icedevil

Icedevil New Member

:eek :eek :eek You lucky... getting to play with all that stuff.

43. LewisD

LewisD New Member

He's got a * VX rocket from The Rock.. LMAO...Too cool.

44. roboprop

roboprop Well-Known Member

Well, I know of at least ONE thing this guy doesn't have...the proton pack from Ghostbusters. :p

Darrin

45. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

jesus...

its like, houdiniguys collection is the bastard child offspring of this setup (no offense man, you just have the biggest collection i knew of, before this guy was made "public").

i have never seen so many props in one place in my life.

i dont even think winning the lottery could swing all those props. it would make a hell of a down payment, but not the entire collection :lol

it kind of saddens me though, cause out of the gajillion and a half props this guy has (which, * thats a collection), i still have yet to figure out where the original superman kryptonite necklace prop ended up. i know its either lost to history or its in someones collection. he has the superman 4 crystal though, which is cool :)

man... at least we know someone to ask if we need measurements or some reference photos for something in the future ;)

chris

46. Mogwai2112

Mogwai2112 Active Member

First of all this guys collection is really not that impressive and let me tell you why. He does not have any Snakes on the muthertrucking plane. That's why.... :eek Can I come over and play Judge Dread for just 10 minutes...I'll pay you. Beautiful collection PLease dont let anyone smoke in that room. God I hope he has a good insurance policy......-----Chris-----

47. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

nothing like stuff like this to depress you :(

48. agent5

agent5 Sr Member

Easily one of the best collections I've ever seen.

WOW.

Thanks Mantis and Brandon for making the trip and sharing your pics and thanks to your host for allowing us inside as well.

49. Simba

Simba New Member

Pics aren't enlarging for me either. Strange. Oh is DSC00737 what I think it is? The dagger set from the Omen 1970's film?

50. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

:eek

That's a lot of stuff...... wow. Nice collection to say the least.