In search of ways to build a Stranger Things Demogorgon cosplay

ScorpionTR

So I'm considering making a Demogorgon cosplay and I'm hoping I could get some help in starting out with this. I'm pretty skilled in foam building and I figure that I'll do that for the face mask and the face petals. I've made foam feet like that before and could probably free-hand a template then build.

Rubies seems to have latex hands so that's taken care of I guess. Amazon.com: Rubie's Stranger Things Demogorgon Deluxe Adult Latex Hands: Clothing

How should I build the body suit? I've never really worked with Latex etc. Where do I begin?

Could I simply modify the Rubie's costume?

From this
81Di0VZfWpL._UY445_.jpg

Into something closer to this?

ings-10-inch-demogorgon-action-figure-eedmf13054st.jpg

How would I do it?

I would go with a cheap zentai suit then brush on latex, adding the details with rope or other cylindrical materials, like foam insulation.

If you Google diy demogorgon costume there was a tutorial on how someone made his....it even had a mouth that spring open when he flexed his hand b

I would go with a cheap zentai suit then brush on latex, adding the details with rope or other cylindrical materials, like foam insulation.

If you Google diy demogorgon costume there was a tutorial on how someone made his....it even had a mouth that spring open when he flexed his hand b
Any tutorials on working with that?

There are lots of people that have made this costume. I made one last year based off of this tutorial (Making a Demogorgon). I would suggest searching for "demogorgon costume tutorial". You'll find lots of ideas, and can crib from them to make yours.

IMG_2972.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back