In search of ways to build a Stranger Things Demogorgon cosplay

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ScorpionTR

So I'm considering making a Demogorgon cosplay and I'm hoping I could get some help in starting out with this. I'm pretty skilled in foam building and I figure that I'll do that for the face mask and the face petals. I've made foam feet like that before and could probably free-hand a template then build.

Rubies seems to have latex hands so that's taken care of I guess. Amazon.com: Rubie's Stranger Things Demogorgon Deluxe Adult Latex Hands: Clothing

How should I build the body suit? I've never really worked with Latex etc. Where do I begin?

Could I simply modify the Rubie's costume?

From this
81Di0VZfWpL._UY445_.jpg

Into something closer to this?

ings-10-inch-demogorgon-action-figure-eedmf13054st.jpg

How would I do it?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Unseely

I would go with a cheap zentai suit then brush on latex, adding the details with rope or other cylindrical materials, like foam insulation.

If you Google diy demogorgon costume there was a tutorial on how someone made his....it even had a mouth that spring open when he flexed his hand b

ScorpionTR

I would go with a cheap zentai suit then brush on latex, adding the details with rope or other cylindrical materials, like foam insulation.

If you Google diy demogorgon costume there was a tutorial on how someone made his....it even had a mouth that spring open when he flexed his hand b
Any tutorials on working with that?

mlamb1976

There are lots of people that have made this costume. I made one last year based off of this tutorial (Making a Demogorgon). I would suggest searching for "demogorgon costume tutorial". You'll find lots of ideas, and can crib from them to make yours.

IMG_2972.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg