In need of technics advices for sculpture

chinasteph

Hy everybody,

I am new here as well as in trying to make my own sculptures :)

I am currently having a 1st try ever with E.T.'s face.
I use polystyrene and then "auto hard" clay, then paint and so on.

I would like to learn technics using resine but have no clue how it works and where to order good one.

Also as professionnals, what do you think about this result ? :)

Thanks in advance !!
Kind regards
Stéphane from France

Attachments

• 20201209_122744.jpg
    20201209_122744.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
When you are talking about resins I understand you mean PU resins, polyester+fiberglass etc.?
That will need molding and casting techniques.

Thanks a lot. Do you have any advice of youtube tutorials and also suppliers from which i can order all equipment and materials needed ?

I´m not into tutorials that much but I´m sure there are lot´s of them. Search for brush on silicone molds.
As for suppliers there are many too. The two biggest could be Smooth On and Polytek. There you will find all you need for sure. Brush on silicone (platinum or tin), resins and reinforcement (fiberglass or others), releases clay and much more.
But to avoid frustration etc. I would define here what exactly you are after. Molding the sculpt you have?, starting a new one (with clay for example) and then molding?. There are many options.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back