In need of Solidworks help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jaybible

Im hoping someone here is a lot better than me at solidworks. I've been stuck trying to trim this piece for the past few hrs and i just cant figure out a way to take a the thickness off the edge and still retain the curve across the surface. Below is the model. It is the top section of the Xmen 2 phone. On the left u can see side wall which is too thick.
ex1-1.jpg

Below is how thin I would like it, and the contour to the end. I would like to have this as the edge thickness and then blend back into the body. Anyone have have any clue how to do it???

ex2-1.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jaybible

Well..yeh it ended up being an extrude in the opposite direction... I just had to make an awkward 3D sketch and slice the piece out.

If i just extruded thru i would have lost the curve over the body. All done now tho:) just took too much thinking.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.