In light of Fallout 4, my very first replica prop. Mentats

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ataraxic89

2015-06-21 11.12.39.jpg

For those of you who dont know fallout is a long running video game series. I never had the chance to play the original two but Fallout 3 has become one of my favorite games of all time.

Ive been interested in replica props for a while. Mostly due to Adam Savage's videos on tested.

I am well aware that its a very low quality, and unskilled prop but it is my first. :)

I hope to make a number of other Fallout props, maybe even a costume.

I made this by buying a tin can from hobby lobby, spray painting it and quickly learning that spray paint needs to move side to side or I will make a giant pool. After that dried up I (badly) hand painted the rest using enamel paint. I noticed while painting that either the enamel was too thick or too thin and rarely looked right. I did a few layers but any general info on the use of enamel paint would be nice.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sean

Sr Member
Welcome to the RPF. and everyone has to start somewhere. nice beginning. If you look at the top bar and find store. there are a few eBooks on painting armor and other props. they don't cost a whole lot. and can be very Informative. and good luck with your adventure into prop building.

Chaank

Awesome man, well done. Bet you have plenty of things you want to do different. That's how it all starts. Enjoy the ride! :)