In case of emergency, can you get your suit off quickly?

ONEYE

Sr Member
In case someone does something stupid, or by accident, are your suits designed to get out of them quickly? I am specifically speaking about fire. Are your suits flammable? I ask because people smoke, you are not always indoors, what if someone lights up too close to you? Or worse, there's a spark or something, or some fool throws a match or lit cigarette on you? I know you are not wearing a cotton suit, but I read this and thought about you guys/gals.

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/h...me-warning.html

Quick answer, nope!

I would die in a fire with the latex melted to my skin, hopefully giving the coroner nightmares for years to come :)

I asked this before and never really got an answer.
Then we talked about it in chat, and well... one thing led to the other so if Lee (Usurper) remembers, he will be setting a mask (that is made by Grusderk) on fire. In mere aspect of science of course, :) to see if it is in fact flammable and we should watch out when suited up.
But I think it will most likely melt, but melted latex is not really great on your skin either... so getting a suit off quickly would be preferable in case of emergency but maybe not the easiest, depending on the suits construction.

Im pretty positive that no you can't. Most people it takes two people or more just to get in it. So getting out of it would be a bit difficult by yourself while running in circles ingulfed in flames. Someone would pretty much have to pour gas on you. I have yet to see a pred spontaneously combust and hope I never have to :)

Ah man, i've never given this any thought. I use alot of pieces molded with hot glue. Not only would I be trapped in the suit, it would be stuck to me.

Ahhh let's face it we would all go up in a blaze of glory! It is what it is you suffer for your art. I don't think we would be as flammable as a guy in a suit made out of cotton balls though, that's just asking to die. Just remember stop, drop, and roll people....it makes it easier for the people who are not on fire to jump over you and flee.

Ahhh let's face it we would all go up in a blaze of glory! It is what it is you suffer for your art. I don't think we would be as flammable as a guy in a suit made out of cotton balls though, that's just asking to die. Just remember stop, drop, and roll people....it makes it easier for the people who are not on fire to jump over you and flee.

Good point! lmao

SH1T man i totaly forgot about that what about if the flame throwers in my guants set me on fire SH1T!!!!!

lol only jokin man yes this is a serious matter i hope we never have to find out what happens

I asked this before and never really got an answer.
Then we talked about it in chat, and well... one thing led to the other so if Lee (Usurper) remembers, he will be setting a mask (that is made by Grusderk) on fire. In mere aspect of science of course, to see if it is in fact flammable and we should watch out when suited up.
But I think it will most likely melt, but melted latex is not really great on your skin either... so getting a suit off quickly would be preferable in case of emergency but maybe not the easiest, depending on the suits construction.

That is still going to happen , hopefully sometime this year as i still have the devil mask,boxed/chained and secured to a wall.

Lee.... make sure you wear a respirator and a film it.... That's going to smell something awful

on a side note.. i don't think latex and resin is going to catch to easily... and i don't think nayone here would willingly put there suit near a candle

I know you (and the others) wouldn't go near a flame. Then again, the guy that went as a lamb/sheep never thought someone would light up a part of his costume to see what would happen. There are some pretty stupid people out there.

I've seen some pretty dumb stuff like people spraying silly string and having it catch on fire (video of a wedding) from the candles on a cake.

Lee.... make sure you wear a respirator and a film it.... That's going to smell something awful

on a side note.. i don't think latex and resin is going to catch to easily... and i don't think nayone here would willingly put there suit near a candle

Brandon, Sorry NO respirator............ I will be suiting up for the ceremonial burning of the devil mask.

do not worry, ill video it

News flash...."A man in what looks to be a fancy dress Predator costume was seen running through the streets on fire today. It is unknown of his where abouts at this time do to the rate of speed said fireball was traveling. More later tonight."

News flash...."A man in what looks to be a fancy dress Predator costume was seen running through the streets on fire today. It is unknown of his where abouts at this time do to the rate of speed said fireball was traveling. More later tonight."

Guess support crew should start carrying fire extinguishers? :) My first suit up nearly ended in tragedy, as I came a few feet from getting hit by a train I did not see or hear....lucky someone grabbed me before I took the fatal step! :D

Actually this thread can apply to anxiety attacks as well.
So getting off a costume quickly can mean whether or not the person inside is still conscious or worked up so much that they are unconscious.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back