In a DIFFERENT Galaxy Far, Far, Away... x-wings

dockbay94

As John Cleese would say " and now for something completely different" -

I bought these 2 bandai (TINY) 1/72 scale T-70 kits real cheap and had no idea what to do with them since I'm not a fan a the blue color. so I decided to go back to A New Hope red squadron paint scheme, maybe in a different Galaxy far, far, away...

I took the 2 pilots, R2, R4 from my other bandai kits lying around and used them instead of Poe/BB8. I did red 2 and red 3, why? Don't know. no lighting on these either, just wanted to keep it simple I spent waaaaay to much time on my MPC x-wing build.
sorry it's a bit pic heavy! the lighting in my house is awful so I did a few different photo shoots around the house. Made my own custom base for display. and now onto my bigger kits.
Fun project to do while working on my other W.I.P. besides just a few small decals around 8 or so both x-wings were all air-brushed along with weathering pastels and paint. I kind of like this look better. call me old fashioned I guess.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!
Paul

theater room in display case. best lighting.

IMG_4867.jpgIMG_4866.jpgIMG_4864.jpgIMG_4863.jpgIMG_4876.jpgIMG_4871.jpgIMG_4870.jpgIMG_4869.jpgIMG_4868.jpgIMG_4875.jpgIMG_4874.jpgIMG_4873.jpgIMG_4872.jpg

top of stove - so, so lighting

IMG_4892.jpgIMG_4891.jpgIMG_4890.jpgIMG_4889.jpgIMG_4888.jpg

kitchen island - ok lighting

IMG_4880.jpgIMG_4879.jpgIMG_4878.jpgIMG_4877.jpgIMG_4895.jpgIMG_4894.jpgIMG_4893.jpgIMG_4885.jpgIMG_4896.jpgIMG_4884.jpgIMG_4883.jpgIMG_4881.jpg

fun little project! I really like this color scheme better with weathering.

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_4862.jpg
    IMG_4862.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 327
I'm working on the 1/72 & 1/144 T-65s with the Red 5 paint scheme and I was just thinking it would be fun to do a T-70 the same. Yours look great in the classic colors!

These look good in red, that's for sure! Great job on these.

SB
Thank you. should have been the color choice from the start IMO. restyled ship but with the OT colors would have made the sequel trilogy much, much more inviting visually. for us old folks anyway.

I'm working on the 1/72 & 1/144 T-65s with the Red 5 paint scheme and I was just thinking it would be fun to do a T-70 the same. Yours look great in the classic colors!
Thanks. just go for it! see what your imagination comes up with. I had fun with these. the fun part is I can change up the canopies around and still look good.

Love the look of your T-70's from a re-imaged galaxy far far away! Definitely an idea worth copying. Thank you for the inspiration!

thank everyone! I've been dealing with a stroke for the past 3 month so please be patient. its been hard. my life has changed and i keep get better every day. thank you for a of you support!

Paul D.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back