Importing prop/paintball guns to UK

troopermaster

Hi,

I am wanting to buy a RAM M4 paintball gun from the states and import it to the UK.Now,the seller tells me he doubts the gun will make it through customs so I'd like to know if anyone's bought any of these types of guns from the US and if they had any problems?

This is the gun I want.....

A2-SHORTY_1.jpg

Thanks wackychimp :thumbsup

-Paul.

you shouldnt have at the mo but get it soon because of the stupid vcr bill the govenment are bringing in at some point this year (depending on it going through the house of lords, go to www.saveairsoft.org/ add a sig and help save our sport, as it will affect paintball as well) as for importing ive had no probs importing airsoft stuff from HK (bar, the dreaded import tax) so you shouldnt have a problem.

Dan

I 've had mauser replicas (and a few swords) ship from the States without any problem, although a M4 may attract a little more attention.

The new laws coming into effect are a little complicated, to ay the least.

My understanding is, any replica of a real-world firearm will be illegal.

A replica of a sterling, then, would not be allowed.

However, a replica of an E-11 laser gun WOULD be allowed, as it has never been a functioning weapon (that may account for the poor aim of every ST on the Death Star in ANH :p ).

As this M4 replicates a real-world weapon, my understanding is that it will be illegal under the new laws.

I could be wrong, of course. :lol

Thanks for the info chaps :thumbsup

So what would happen if it was not allowed into UK,would it be simply returned to sender?

I can get one here in UK no sweat,but they are like 3 times dearer.Is there any way of just marking the package as something else or do they scan them or something?I'd really prefer to get from the states if possible and it's still cheaper to pay import tax as well.

Hmmmm,decisions...decisions......... :confused

I want an AEG TM MP5K and i was also wondering if its ok to have them shipped by airmail from the US to the UK.

Keith.

The three times I've had Denix Mausers shipped over, I've always asked the seller to mark the package as Star Wars Laser Replica.

I've never had a problem, touch wood.

would be easier to import from HK, you get charged in dollars as well so it would be the same price from the US or u could try these guys http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/ about the same price as importing if you get taxed and they good bunch to deal with as well.

Originally posted by Keith@Jan 18 2006, 10:31 PM
I want an AEG TM MP5K and i was also wondering if its ok to have them shipped by airmail from the US to the UK.

Keith.
[snapback]1162356[/snapback]​

All large boxes should be X-Ray'd upon arrival. So when they see an image resembling an assault weapon you can better believe they will further investigate when the description says its only a gift :D

Is it still 3x cheaper even after customs & taxes added?

There are no restrictions on importing airsoft weapons into the UK - apart from age of the recipient - who must be over 18, you can own an airsoft weapon under 18, just can't import one.

Like any item imported you may be liable for VAT if customs decide to charge you - but as that will be based on the $ figure on the CN22 form or accompanying invoice it'll still be far cheaper than buying from within the UK - customs will use whatever the prevailing $-£ exchange rate is.

Goods from the Far East are usually 3-5 days via Airmail, goods from the US can take a week or more.

If the proposed bill in it's current format does get through Parliament then import of anything that remotely looks like a gun will be next to impossible - including blasters......

RoyalMail are planning to introduce something equally draconian - anything that looks like a gun (including plastic imitations, or toys) or anything that could be mistaken for a gun, will be forbidden from normal mail - you'll have to use a Courier or ParcelForce instead.

I blame Osama.

Thats funny cos i blame skanky shopkeepers who sell cheap plastic spring pistols to underage kids (who may or may not wear hoody's) :angry

No restrictions as of yet that I am aware of.

Denixs, blank firing MGCs, MR blasters etc. All declared as 'Collectible toys' worth $45 :p

Even a deactivated Margolin, deactivated Jawa Enfield (declared as 'Movie replica gun').

Real ANM2 boosters declared as 'Industrial machine gears' he he....

I've had two E11 replicas go missing never to be found, these were posted from New York. These are the only parcels I have ever lost coming from the USA. The seller claims a lot of other weapon replicas have gone missing coming to the UK.

Joe

Airsoft ( Aside from being better :) ) is easy to import - Your worst worry is customs charges, which can make your bargain seem like less of a good buy in the end.

RAMS... They're problematic.
Because the projectile is larger than a BB, it's fired with more force.
And whilst normal paintballs guns are alright, the fact that RAMs are capable of fully-automatic fire means that under some interpretations of the law, they are classed as firearms and are therefore illegal to own in the UK.

It's a bit of a grey area, but one I've heard of quite a few folk coming a cropper with...

I've had no problems so far, ordered an M16 and Xm model gun. Just got a T2 shotgun BB gun.
Though i read somewhere that the RAM guns can be converted to fire real ammo....whether this is right or not i don't know. Also some blank firers are illegal in the UK...so not sure where the RAM stands.

I've been waiting a while for an airsoft replica gun to arrive here in the UK.
Maybe its taking a long time because it has to be checked by someone?

They can't just keep it though can they. I mean, they would have to either send it to me, or back to the shipper.

Keith.

Originally posted by LDR@Feb 6 2006, 11:03 PM
i read somewhere that the RAM guns can be converted to fire real ammo....
[snapback]1177594[/snapback]​

Lies.
Utter, utter lies.

Commonly spread by bleeding-heart anti-reality group "Mothers Against Guns" who have proven time and again that the truth is an acceptable casualty in their uninformed war against anything gun-shaped...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back