Done / Completed Imperial Thermal Detonator

Kokanee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good day all,

I would like to dip my toe in the waters so to speak and see if there is any interest in a run; a small batch of Star Wars thermal detonators. I already have a working prototype (shown below), and the only barrier to making this a reality is ordering the parts so I figured it was time to see what interest there would be.

I would be asking for $170USD shipped (North America only, Europe please pm me for shipping) on these. I don't require any money up front as I would do a small run of five of these and can finance the parts myself.

As seen below, the shell would be a mix of printed parts utilizing some different processes (SLS and FDM) and materials (PETG, PLA, Nylon). The guts are to feature a high quality Adafruit soundboard, and feature a micro-USB charging port (internal) to allow for easy charging of the 350mah LIPO battery. Comes with a fashionable stand as well.

You would be receiving a fully finished prop, ready to display.

PHOTO

thermal.jpg

VIDEO

So if you are interested, please do indicate so below. I would be looking to order parts ASAP and then have these out the door no later than June.

Thank you.

Signup List

Run 1 (Shipping in August)

01 russellsch PAID
02 ataru72ita PAID
03 glottis PAID
04 dorkdaddy BUILDING
05 bluecoyote BUILDING

Run 2 (Shipping in October)

01 Punisher92
02 Dwayne (not on RPF)
03 RhinoActual
04 Angie (not on RPF)
05 i3ennett

Wait List

01 Spankuh
02 Tk1625
03 rowdecowby
04 DarkSithBoston
05 Jamesfett

Last edited:
Very interested, is there a possibility of getting the outer finished more on the lines of the movie prop? A Weathered gold.
These look fantastic.
databank_thermaldetonator_01_169_263981fd.jpeg

Hello!

Going for the "wookiepedia" version : Thermal detonator

I'd look into getting these plated, but this is already getting a bit pricey due to the internals. I'd like to keep this accessible.

I can look into it if you like however.

It honestly sounds pretty good in person with the standard speaker, but if less is more as they say, think of how much more "more" will be!

Untitled.png

Did some soldering over lunch and wired up the main sound boards, battery boards and batteries into packs. Trying to keep everything nice and tidy in a compact package. As you can see the battery just fits nicely on the bottom of the main board.

Should have the sample speakers w/ sub tonight so I'll wire one up and see how it goes.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back