Imperial Rank Bars... a found item?

Killdozer

While scouring a certain online auction site, I stumbled across these items, which looked to me like the Imperial Rank bars, as seen in this photo from the force.net.

Obviously, the blue one more than the green one...

I don't know if these items have been ID'ed before-- anyone got any ideas or inside knowledge?

Let's share. :love

KD

I heard that they would have been from a television switchboard/mixer console. The same console would have been used in the Death Star superlaser ignition scenes.

For replicas, most people get EAO series 01 covers.

Bump! Want to assembly rank bars to display my imperial cylinder codes, the ones Chris Trevas was selling, any news on this covers? I mean, screen used ones were identified so far?:$

PS: The red one and yellow one matches the side groves style:

315-0159.jpg

315-0160.jpg

Comparing them with this photo:
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/Xsydney/costumes/Pc220038.jpg

These are other ones:
4196505.jpg

The blue one matches the side grooves.

Last edited:
Will try to estimate the dimensions and will post back. Weird that everyone is using those ones If they are not screen accurate to create replicas. If you know what I mean.:$

Will try to estimate the dimensions and will post back. Weird that everyone is using those ones If they are not screen accurate to create replicas. If you know what I mean.:$

Here's a quick sizing comparison

tarkinrank.jpg

That's with the bars being 25mm and the switch covers around 19mm(3/4") high and looks about right taking into account the small difference in distance from the camera between the head and chest.
If the covers were 24mm high his head would be 312mm tall and his eyes would be 87mm apart.That size would also make the imperial belts 3" instead of 2".

I'd estimate that the covers should be 19mm x13mm... ish or 3/4" x 1/2"

If anyone has the real dosimeters/code cylinders that would also make a good size comparison.

Last edited:
If the blue top is 16mm then 18x24mm is correct,if the main silver body is 16mm then they come out to 12.5 x 16.9mm.

Same proportions for both so they'll look correct regardless of the scale.

If the blue top is 16mm then 18x24mm is correct,if the main silver body is 16mm then they come out to 12.5 x 16.9mm.

I agree 18mm x 24mm is too big.
The silver body of the dosimeter is .6 inches (15.24mm).
They are clearly not as wide as a dosimeter.

Yes, the silver cylinder is about 16mm, I took the measurement with my caliper. Could be 15.97mm cause I did not remove the protective bag:unsure. So, EAO switches are just a good replacement, but not the found item.:cry

Yes, the silver cylinder is about 16mm, I took the measurement with my caliper. Could be 15.97mm cause I did not remove the protective bag:unsure. So, EAO switches are just a good replacement, but not the found item.:cry

Actually they might be right.
The website says:
"Bezel styles are rectangular 18 × 24 mm"
That's the size of the bezel which is the black frame around the colored lens cover.
So I bet the lens covers are the right size. Either that or there are smaller ones somewhere because they are definitely lens covers.

Anyone have actual lens covers to measure?

PS - The Rebel badges are made from the round ones.

I had 3 red of them packaged in a small plactic bag yesterday. Since I did not have my caliper at that time, was not able to measure them. They seem right at first glance, but who knows. A blueprint from AEO could be useful too. Will look for them.

My estimations are very close to yours. 12.4x16.8mm. Still looking for a decent blueprint from the lenses. I pretty much guess that Chris did that the rectangle lens holder is 18x24mm, not the lens itself.:unsure

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back