Imperial pilot name badges

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by SmilingOtter, May 9, 2006.

1. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

So I just miss out on a run of these on Omega Wing, darn it all to heck...

Anyone know of a source for these? (Rectangular leather patches denoting branch, name, ID, etc.) There's a similar one on scifipatch.org, but it's specifically 181st. I'd settle for an emblem-less one, as I have a set of Frank Bono's excellent Imperial wing pins. Come to think of it, I'll have to check w/ Frank, since he seems to make tons of other cool accessories... anyway, the online surplus places carry the patches, but they already are pre-stamped with current military emblems (Air Force, Navy, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. IndustrialSizeEd

IndustrialSizeEd New Member

I got my nametag done at nametags4u.com. Here, they have a template for a nameplate with a space for a pin.

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

3. Darth Detroit

Darth Detroit Sr Member

MAN... :eek I would love to have a set of those wings, or even a set of Imperial wings...

4. SmilingOtter

Thanks Ed, I'd heard that site mentioned, but hadn't seen one up close.

For the pins, both Rebel and Imperial, check with Mara Jade's Father over at ASAP. This is the thread - http://p082.ezboard.com/fpropreplicasfrm39...picID=368.topic

- although it looks like he's out of the Rebel ones at the moment.

5. Darth Detroit

Darth Detroit Sr Member

Thanks man, I'll check it later. :) :thumbsup

6. SmilingOtter

I'll certainly vouch for them. I have one of each and they're awesome. IIRC, he's also done some similar SG-1 pins.

7. Darth Detroit

Darth Detroit Sr Member

Definatly want a set of Imperial... I wonder if I can get a set of imperial embriodered on my flight suit??

8. JHVanOphem

JHVanOphem Well-Known Member

Check scifipatch.org and patchgeeks.com for embroidered versions of Frank's Imp wings

9. SmilingOtter

Ed, I just noticed - are you wearing a black Rebel uniform? If so, I'd love to see that. Also, do they come w/ velcro on the back, or is that something I'll have to do on my own?

10. IndustrialSizeEd

No, my flightsuit is orange:
    [​IMG]

The nametag is actually on my flight jacket:
    [​IMG]

The jacket now has Rebel Legion and Screaming Tauntaun Squadron patches on it, instead of the ones on it in the picture.

I wouldn't mind doing a black flightsuit sometime, just for fun.

The hook side of the velcro comes with the nametag, but I believe you have to buy the loop side seperately.

11. SmilingOtter

The jacket is great idea. I'd given some thought to doing an Imperial version as well.

Fortunately, my flight suit came with the loop side already sewn on.

12. IndustrialSizeEd

I want some velcro to go on my flight suit to attach my nametag and some other patches, but I'd need it to be orange to blend in when I can't/don't want to wear any patches. Anyone have a source for orange velcro?