Imperial pilot name badges

SmilingOtter

Master Member
So I just miss out on a run of these on Omega Wing, darn it all to heck...

Anyone know of a source for these? (Rectangular leather patches denoting branch, name, ID, etc.) There's a similar one on scifipatch.org, but it's specifically 181st. I'd settle for an emblem-less one, as I have a set of Frank Bono's excellent Imperial wing pins. Come to think of it, I'll have to check w/ Frank, since he seems to make tons of other cool accessories... anyway, the online surplus places carry the patches, but they already are pre-stamped with current military emblems (Air Force, Navy, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

SmilingOtter

Master Member
I'll certainly vouch for them. I have one of each and they're awesome. IIRC, he's also done some similar SG-1 pins.

SmilingOtter

Master Member
Ed, I just noticed - are you wearing a black Rebel uniform? If so, I'd love to see that. Also, do they come w/ velcro on the back, or is that something I'll have to do on my own?

No, my flightsuit is orange:

The nametag is actually on my flight jacket:

The jacket now has Rebel Legion and Screaming Tauntaun Squadron patches on it, instead of the ones on it in the picture.

I wouldn't mind doing a black flightsuit sometime, just for fun.

The hook side of the velcro comes with the nametag, but I believe you have to buy the loop side seperately.

SmilingOtter

Master Member
The jacket is great idea. I'd given some thought to doing an Imperial version as well.

Fortunately, my flight suit came with the loop side already sewn on.

I want some velcro to go on my flight suit to attach my nametag and some other patches, but I'd need it to be orange to blend in when I can't/don't want to wear any patches. Anyone have a source for orange velcro?