Imperial Line Officer with Blaster?

Iggy

Sr Member
I posted this on the imperialofficer forum as well, but since this is a different blaster I figured here would be a good place to ask as well.

I went to the Star Wars exhibit over the summer and saw quite a few costumes from the movies. Took a ton of pics, and as I was just re-reviewing them, I noticed something.

Anyone know anything about this sidearm? I wish I had taken more pics while I was in Seattle...

21172988129_f80329989f.jpg
IMG_20150804_135326542 (2) by Iggy, on Flickr

21169763230_4802c8a9aa.jpg
IMG_0371 by Iggy, on Flickr

21332585626_e179cbc54b.jpg
IMG_20150804_135326542 by Iggy, on Flickr

21170743540_4ebd49a464.jpg
IMG_20150804_135338998 by Iggy, on Flickr

More photos from the trip. There are all I have.
If anyone else went to the EMP museum and has pics, post them up.

The handle of this blaster is interesting. Not a Mauser based build.

Found a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv6I_AAl_SM&t=1m35s

21172988129_f80329989f.jpg

21169763230_4802c8a9aa.jpg

21332585626_e179cbc54b.jpg

21170743540_4ebd49a464.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The holster looks like a leather US military style .45 holster. The greeble is in the location where the embossed "US" would be located.

1911-holsters-front.jpg

If you look real close at the bottom of the holster on the exhibit, you can make out the small hole at the bottom.

The holster looks like a leather US military style .45 holster. The greeble is in the location where the embossed "US" would be located.

http://www.hallowellco.com/1911-holsters-front.jpg

If you look real close at the bottom of the holster on the exhibit, you can make out the small hole at the bottom.

Nice find on the holster!

Now to figure out if anyone knows anything about the blaster. I have not seen a baster with that type of handle that I can remember in the films.

There are some strange things in the LFL archives. Things that were made for video games, promotional appearances, etc... Was it used in a movie? I don't know. Was the blaster from a movie? Is the blaster actually a blaster or simply an ornate handle to look like a blaster in a holster? If this blaster, holster and belt was used in a movie, did they display it on the correct imperial type uniform in which it was actually used? Was the blaster and/or holster even an imperial related item. Could it be another character, such as a Jabba denizen and they used it for the display?

Lots of questions in which I would like answers. :)

Last edited:
There is a couple of things I find odd about this blaster and holster.

1. There is not a lot US surplus used in the OT.
2. The handle looks more like a Jabba Denizen influence rather than an Imperial weapon.

My theory is that this was used at the Sarlacc Pit by one of Jabba's thugs.

I'm inclined to agree with MJF. In the original film, only black-uniformed Imperials had sidearms, and those were either the DH-17 or one of the Merr-Sonn variants. The only other ones I remember seeing in the OT are in the Endor bunker (the "Freeze!" guy and the "You rebel scum!" guy) and those are both pretty well documented and not this. We already know they didn't bring any of the British-made blasters to the States. The infamous "Greedo-killer" is the most notorious example of that. I feel pretty confident this was either used at Yuma for the Sarlacc sequence or Crescent City for the Endor forest battle (in shich case, it might have been on an Imperial of some variety as a dummy weapon). Time to freeze-frame through the ground battle in ROTJ...

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back