Imperial Death Star Gunner..

Combat Gerbil

After a year of use, I thought it was about time I posted this.
Not as well known/popular as the Stormtrooper, but I Loved the look of the Gunner when I first saw them (however briefly) in Star wars.
This costume has undergone a couple of generations from it's inception, first the plain jumpsuited version with the good old Hasbro E-11 conversion, and now with Pauldron chest protector and my self made DH-17 and Dosimeter code cylinders.
The pics were taken a a local event last summer.
Busykidsfete20113.jpg

Busykidsfete20114-1.jpg

Busykidsfete20116-1.jpg
Busykidsfete20112.jpg

Busykidsfete20111.jpg

The DH-17 pipe blaster and scope reticule
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0978-1.jpg

IMG_0977-1.jpg

The Dosimeter code cylinders.. (two models of Dosimeter but once in the arm pockets look the same.
IMG_0962.jpg

Very cool, I've always liked the look of the Gunners uniform. Although I heard the helmet has really limited visibility because of the shape of the visor? Is that true?

Nicely done! Congrats for using a 'lil imagination rather than just opting to be 'yet another Stormtrooper'! :cool
On a sidenote, I wish there were more people with Death Star Trooper costumes. That is, IMHO, a hugely underrated Star Wars costume :unsure

The pics were taken a a local event last summer.
Busykidsfete20113.jpg

Oh yeah, now I remember.... that ONE day last Summer when the Sun was actually shining in the UK!
I bet you're glad you went with the plain 'ole fabric costume with chest protector here, instead of the Vader-esque quilted leather bodysuit that the Death Star Gunners can be seen wearing in ANH ?! :lol

No such wardrobe-variety for poor 'ole Vader though.... looks like he's about to keel-over with heat exhaustion in this pic! :lol

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

Looking fantasic as always sir!

Very cool, I've always liked the look of the Gunners uniform. Although I heard the helmet has really limited visibility because of the shape of the visor? Is that true?

I have amazing visibility in my helmet. Nearly full peripheral vision and the only thing I have to watch out for are the small children once they get within a few feet of me.

How many gunners are there in the garrison or legion? Haven't seen one before. Looks great!

There are 174 troopers with registered gunner costumes in the Legion.

Nope.. visibility is great, very good peripheral vision only a little limited downwards, but with that lid... you can tilt your head down anyway so I have no problems at all. As you can see in the pics, we were at a primary school.. so lots of little nippers too, not a problem to see them and not trample them under foot..

How many gunners are there in the garrison or legion? Haven't seen one before. Looks great!

There are 174 gunners listed as active in the 501st.. we in the UKG have around a dozen.. our largest number at one event is 6.

Hey Drew.. cheers... didn't see you post there..
Pretty happy with the costume now.. only thing I would like to change for accuracy, is the boots... one day..

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back