Imperial Death Star Gunner..

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Combat Gerbil, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil Active Member

After a year of use, I thought it was about time I posted this.
    Not as well known/popular as the Stormtrooper, but I Loved the look of the Gunner when I first saw them (however briefly) in Star wars.
    This costume has undergone a couple of generations from it's inception, first the plain jumpsuited version with the good old Hasbro E-11 conversion, and now with Pauldron chest protector and my self made DH-17 and Dosimeter code cylinders.
    The pics were taken a a local event last summer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The DH-17 pipe blaster and scope reticule
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Dosimeter code cylinders.. (two models of Dosimeter but once in the arm pockets look the same.
    [​IMG]

2. NexusFX

NexusFX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

good stuff man!

3. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Great costume and pictures!

4. CaptainWales

CaptainWales Well-Known Member

Very cool, I've always liked the look of the Gunners uniform. Although I heard the helmet has really limited visibility because of the shape of the visor? Is that true?

5. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Well-Known Member

Nicely done! Congrats for using a 'lil imagination rather than just opting to be 'yet another Stormtrooper'! :cool
    On a sidenote, I wish there were more people with Death Star Trooper costumes. That is, IMHO, a hugely underrated Star Wars costume :unsure

Oh yeah, now I remember.... that ONE day last Summer when the Sun was actually shining in the UK!
    I bet you're glad you went with the plain 'ole fabric costume with chest protector here, instead of the Vader-esque quilted leather bodysuit that the Death Star Gunners can be seen wearing in ANH ?! :lol

No such wardrobe-variety for poor 'ole Vader though.... looks like he's about to keel-over with heat exhaustion in this pic! :lol

Cheers,
    John
    johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

6. Rikarus

Rikarus Well-Known Member

THat looks fantastic! BUt they still won't put a rail up for you guys, you might "lean." :p

7. mechagrover

mechagrover New Member

Outstanding! I've always thought the gunners were under-represented.

8. rkeChris

rkeChris New Member

How many gunners are there in the garrison or legion? Haven't seen one before. Looks great!

9. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

Looking fantasic as always sir!

I have amazing visibility in my helmet. Nearly full peripheral vision and the only thing I have to watch out for are the small children once they get within a few feet of me.

There are 174 troopers with registered gunner costumes in the Legion.

10. Combat Gerbil

Nope.. visibility is great, very good peripheral vision only a little limited downwards, but with that lid... you can tilt your head down anyway so I have no problems at all. As you can see in the pics, we were at a primary school.. so lots of little nippers too, not a problem to see them and not trample them under foot..

11. Combat Gerbil

There are 174 gunners listed as active in the 501st.. we in the UKG have around a dozen.. our largest number at one event is 6.

Hey Drew.. cheers... didn't see you post there..
    Pretty happy with the costume now.. only thing I would like to change for accuracy, is the boots... one day..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012