Immortan Joe's Mask, Mad Max: Fury Road

Folter

hi all. we have a small workshop and make masks and other stuff
we waited for this movie since we were kids and could not miss chance to make something memorable
I have no photos of process,at that moment I didn't know about existence of this forum,but technology of a molding the standard.
if we try to repeat - I will surely take pictures
The mask is made of strong polyester pitch, fiber glass fabric. Hoses from the brand new Soviet gas masks, steel rivets, fasten belt system, it is painted manually with water resistant paints
I will be glad to yours comments . thank you for your attention

P.S also forgive me if my English isn't rather good 9tXJ_vyY5q0.jpgQgMl8fK6lwo.jpgVSelTT6fTIY.jpgyYhiC4qG8IE.jpgZftrvDkgwg0.jpgма.jpg

I'd like to see one of these builds with the mask functioning like it does in the movie. At least, when it comes to mouth; you see it open a few times in the film.

Beautiful! I am making the whole costume and this is inspirational!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if we ever see the jaw moving on screen, it seems like it was always a cut to it open or closed? In any case, nice job! What did you use for the rivets/nails on the teeth?

I'm also curious on the details of the few shots we saw with the mouth open. Anyone have any insight into that yet? Also OP do you have any plans to add voice modulation/amplification into the mask?

hose connectors ,yes they are made handmade )

- - - Updated - - -

rivets is and there is the real metal rivets

- - - Updated - - -

animatronik quite expensive occupation (

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back