Immortal (2004)

Yeah. I've got it on DVD. It's definitely an interesting story and just an equally interesting visual style.

I actually found the entire thing on youtube and watched it. I'd love to see more of the storyline as it's left open for a sequel. Sadly it's the type of movie no big studio will take a risk on these days.

I found the dvd really cheap someplace a few years ago and picked it up. I really liked the technical aspects of it, but thought the story more than a little weird and didn't really get into it. I haven't watched it again, but haven't gotten rid of it either. Maybe I'll give it another viewing soon and see if my opinion has changed.

I think it is technically well done but I like it mostly because it is something different. Not the same old cookie cutter thing you see all the time.

I think they did a better job of making the world feel real than Sky Captain did. I like the retro feel of both but it seems like Immortal had more thought put into it.

Just saw it. Weird.

But it is significant as one of the first cgi movies. And it does try. Sky Captain had normal actors in front of cgi effects. Immortal had many cgi characters interacting with human actors.

Neat world they made as well. Kind of Heavy Metal-ish. The vehicles had nice designs.

I think it helps that the company that did the CGI is a video game company instead of a normal digital effects for movie company as they seem to be more in tune with making characters that you can forget are cgi at times.

The style of the digital characters was also important. At no point did they try to do a "normal" human as CGI.. that artificiality was done intentionally.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back