IMI Jericho 941

King of Pirates

I am looking to see if anyone knows a Site or Person that still sells the Jericho 941. For those of you non Gun-Inclined people, this is the Handgun Spike Spegiel from Cowboy Bebop uses. Poseidon did a cast of the Kit, but it is not shipped overseas from thier company.

Ref Pics of the Poseidon Cast:

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

All the Website I've gone to list it has "out of stock" and the feedback is not that good. More for show. Plus it lists for anyway around $140 - $200. :(
I would ask around some of the airsoft forums. maybe they can give you abetter lead.
And if you do find a site, Let me know I've been look too.
Thanks.

You should definitely look into the Hudson. Poseidon still makes a conversion kit that just attaches to the side of the Hudson to make it Bebop accurate. I can help you if you want the conversion kit and you really didn't want the Poseidon solid cast anyway, no working trigger, one solid hunk o' resin.

Oh one other thing, the Hudson gun itself is a little shoddy. Sure it works but it's not very efficient.... at all. I used to have one and could go on about how craptacular the Hudson's firing capabilities were but I won't. On a positive note, it looked awesome.

Ryu

Yea, I heard the fireing capabilities of the Hudson wern't very good. But that's fine, It's just an "Extra Feature" to me, since i'm getting it for cosmetics. I found a site, for 140, but its was Out Of Stock. I saw one a while back for 80, but it's gone now... Oh and im looking for the Resin Cast. Not the actual gun.

I bought a Hudson one (black) awhile ago for $100. Never shot it and taken out of box once but it looks good.

I'd look for an airsoft replica if I were you. You at least get some fun value out of the airsoft rather than a chunk of rubber.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 11 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1278723[/snapback]</div>
I'd go with one that won't be mistaken for a real weapon on close inspection. It avoids any misunderstanding with local law enforcement.
[/b]

Unfortunately, close inspection is rarely the case. Either the airsoft, or a rubber replica will get you shot down from a distance as they both look real enough. That is, if you're dumb enough to point them at a police officer. Any cop worth his salt would dismiss either the airsoft, or the rubber prop upon close inspection.

I was referring more to staying out of trouble if someone examines your collection. I know some poeple ARE stupid enough to aim one at a police officer, but fortunately I'm not one of them.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 11 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]1278734[/snapback]</div>
I was referring more to staying out of trouble if someone examines your collection. I know some poeple ARE stupid enopugh to aim one at a police officer, but fortunately I'm not one of them.

[/b]

Ah, I was thinking more along the lines of some of the cosplayers at Otakon who have may run afoul of the inept Baltimore City Police. :lol

Just for clarifications sake, the solid cast is resin, not rubber. ;)

Well if you REALLY want the resin version KoP, you are going to have to pay pretty good since they do well on the second hand market in Japan. Pretty close to what the airsoft plus the conversion would cost together.

Ryu

One of the things I get most concerned about "on the job" is the way I see young people gravitate to these realistic looking pellet or replica guns. Don't get me wrong, while I applaud the time and effort hobbiests put in to designing and crafting replicas like the ones we are discussing here, I always ache inside when I deal with people on the street (mostly young people) who have made their own "modifications" to airguns and the like to help make them more "real looking." It's ironic, while the goal here in this forum is to help design a realistic replica of a firearm used in a movie or television show, the goals of so many other people is to modify a replica or toy gun to look as real a possible for more less-artistic reasons.
Without getting preachy I would encourage all modelers working on these projects to be responsible and sensible. I have handled way too many situations where a replica of a common firearm (usually a handgun similiar to the one pictured above) has led to countess incidents of violence and injury.
it's getting late so I'm probably rambling here so let me wind it up...

PLEASE be careful and responsible with these projects. I love "listening" to all of you and the energy and enthusiasm you all have for your work. PLEASE show that same energy and enthusiasm in ensuring the saftey of the people around you. Especially the one's who are most fascinated by these sorts of projects. Our kids.

(Red Five could then be heard stepping down off his soap box and going on his merry way...)

Thanks Scott, for helping point out the potential of an irresponsible attitude toward this hobby inadvertantly cause one to become a casualty. I knew you could say it better than I could.

~ GM

I picked up the conversion kit a couple years ago (from Ryu I think :)) and have been looking for a Hudson ever since. Every site I see is out of stock. Granted I haven't been searching overly hard.

KoP, if you're interested in my conversion kit, shoot me a PM.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back