Unlimited Run IM2 War Machine Helmet Kits

thorssoli

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Offering raw cast kits of my War Machine 1.0 helmet molded from my CNC'ed and 3D printed prototype.

Here's a picture of four of the kits sitting on the workbench:

As you can see, the kit comes in three separate pieces: the main body, the faceplate, and a removable backdoor panel to make it easier for larger heads to get into the helmet.

Here's one all painted up without any eye lighting inserts:

And an early test fit on my 23.5" head:

Price for the raw cast kit is $210 plus shipping.

Post here if you'd like to get a kit and I'll PM you with payment info.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
The WM helmet has always been my favorite, yet never got one.

Let's change that and add me to this run please.

PM sent.

For those of you who may have been waiting on more photos, Today I dusted off the prototype and snapped a few more photos:

I've also re-watched all of the IM2 scenes which show the War Machine armor and it's apparent that the jaw never moves. With that in mind, I'll be casting it as a permanent part of the main body of the helmet. So the kit will be three pieces instead of four.

I should have some more update photos tomorrow. Post here if you'd like a copy of this kit and I'll PM you with payment info.

Apologies for the lack of updates. It's been a busy week.

I managed to spend a bit of time doing some filling and sanding to re-shape the area where the jaw attaches to the helmet and closing the small gap between the widow's peak and the faceplate:

Here's how it looks right about now:

I also gave the faceplate another light sanding to smooth out the seam lines that aren't supposed to be there:

If all goes according to plan, I should be able to mold the face in the coming week and the rest of the helmet within a day or two afterward.

Remember, I'll only be offering these at the reduced pre-order price until I have the first casts out of the mold. After that the price will go up and I'll no longer offer free shipping.

If you'd like one of these kits, please post here and I'll PM you with payment information.

PMs sent.

Regarding international shipping: I can't afford to ship these things overseas for free, but I will pay for half of the shipping for international buyers who pre-order the kit. So if you're in Australia, add another $37USD.

If anyone else would like to get in on this run, please post here and I'll PM you with payment info.

I did a bit more smoothing on the cheeks and the top of the helmet last night:

I also fine-tuned the fit for the backplate against the body of the helmet:

Then gave everything another coat of primer:

So progress is moving right along.

Post here if you'd like a kit and I'll PM you with payment info.

Smoothing continues:

I filled in the cheeks last night:

I've still got a bit more work before I'll be happy with the surface of the main body, but everything's on track to be molded next week.

Post here if you'd like a kit and I'll PM you with payment info.

Did a bit more fine-tuning over the weekend:

Here's how it looks right now:

I also added a lip to the backdoor so it'll snap into place on the helmet:

Just a bit more polish and the addition of some fastener heads to the main body and this guy will be ready to mold.

If you'd like a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with payment info.

Awesome! Can't wait to get started on this one. Hopefully amazon will be getting my paint out to me soon, since both colors were on back-order.

PM sent.

Yesterday I started the final round of detailing for this guy:

It should all be under rubber by Monday at the latest.

If you'd like a kit, post here and I'll PM you with payment info.

That came out damn nice!!!!. This is definitely the time to pick up a WM1 kit since something like this hasn't been offered here in a while.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back