I'm taking the plunge in mid-late February...need direction...

Magnus1

After the g/f and I get back from our cruise in the southern carribean end of this january, I am going to purchase the Mysteria P1 bio. Partly because I love the original pred mask design, and secondly because I'm not a big guy...at 5'8" and 180 lbs I'll look like a stunted pred lol.

I have some armouring experience...most of this gear I made, minus the helmet, sword blade and dagger.
Magnusfullshot.jpg

So I'll likely build all the armour and such out of steel...probably a lighter gauge than the 18 ga. I use for my 2nd century roman stuff.

Which brings me to what this post is about. My roman hobby started out simple...make some sandals, get used to working with leather. Make a belt, get used to working with leather, rivets and metal. Then build the armour.

How do I proceed with the pred costume? I figured the Bio is a good place to start. What next from there...an undermask?

If so, what undermask will fit on a Mysteria P1 bio?

What do you guys recommend after that?

I'll also be purchasing the skin...so for those of you that make it on this forum, I'll be in touch later this year!

Can't wait to start.

PS - I have an airbrush...do you recommend using that to paint vs spray can?

After the g/f and I get back from our cruise in the southern carribean end of this january, I am going to purchase the Mysteria P1 bio. Partly because I love the original pred mask design, and secondly because I'm not a big guy...at 5'8" and 180 lbs I'll look like a stunted pred lol.

I have some armouring experience...most of this gear I made, minus the helmet, sword blade and dagger.
Magnusfullshot.jpg

So I'll likely build all the armour and such out of steel...probably a lighter gauge than the 18 ga. I use for my 2nd century roman stuff.

Which brings me to what this post is about. My roman hobby started out simple...make some sandals, get used to working with leather. Make a belt, get used to working with leather, rivets and metal. Then build the armour.

How do I proceed with the pred costume? I figured the Bio is a good place to start. What next from there...an undermask?

If so, what undermask will fit on a Mysteria P1 bio?

What do you guys recommend after that?

I'll also be purchasing the skin...so for those of you that make it on this forum, I'll be in touch later this year!

Can't wait to start.

PS - I have an airbrush...do you recommend using that to paint vs spray can?

Yes on the Air Brush. Except for primer and base coat's...

If you look @ Bovines suit he has the roman look to it as well. Looks good.

Good luck on your suit build!

A good undermask would be a crappy rubies mask with the face cut out.

You'd have to repaint it though, the paint job is terrible.

Yep, watch out with those bio's. I think they are only half a scale. I got one for my wife here femme pred suit and it is really small.

But, I'm not saying those bio's s.ck. They are realy great items in good materials. And it's a great seller!!!

If your gonna be suit and armouring I wouldnt recommend the P1, its the smallest helmet out of them all,

The Predator deluxe will work for costuming and many people have used it successfull but again it is to small for using an undermask under the lid, I know alot of people have created an undermask with dreads and the helmet but they usually do not have anything under the lid itself

the AVP scar is movie sized and needs a big undermask for modding

Have fun which ever way you go

Gerard

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back