I'm new so, HELP ME? +ArkhamKnight DLC BatmanBeyond Files :)

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by superher0g33k, Aug 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. superher0g33k

superher0g33k Active Member

Hey everyone, I've been making costumes and props for a while now so I thought I'd get an RPF account. Anyways, I found these really cool Batman Arkham Knight Future/Batman Beyond Pep Files (They're not mine), but they're not unfolded so if someone could help that would be nice please and thank you!!! :) Here is the link:

BAK - Batman Beyond - Download - 4shared - Cosplay Foam Elefante

Capture.GIF
    Once you have finished unfolding them, please make sure u post them on this thread. Thanks.
    Superher0g33k out

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. superher0g33k

Btw, I didn't mean to post this in the marvel category. This is my first thread and I didn't mean to that. I'm still getting a feel for the buttons lol

3. Vox

Vox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey man, welcome to the RPF!

As a fair warning: you may not get the response that you desire. It isn't that everyone here is unhelpful or selfish (quite the opposite actually), but few of us are saints. What you're asking for is a sizable job, and one of us would have to put our own lives and/or projects aside for a few hours to help you out. What you may want to do is post this in the "Want To Buy" forum (under the "Classifieds" section). There are plenty of independent 3D modelers on this site who charge VERY reasonable prices for their time. You get the result you want, and said artist gets something for their time/effort.

I want to be clear: I'm not saying "Don't just go begging for favors!" I'm suggesting a course of action that is highly more likely to yield your desired result, in a much shorter time frame than simply waiting and hoping that someone who comes across this thread has the time, skill, and will to help you out.

4. superher0g33k

Thanks Vox, but i bet u didn't know that im like only 14 and dont have paypal or whatever but thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  5. superher0g33k

Hey thanks Vox but i bet u didnt know that im only like 14 so i dont have paypal or whatever but thanks for the suggestion

6. superher0g33k

Arkham knight batman beyond/future costume help!!!

Hello, its me again, I'm posting this again because the last one didn't attract a lot of attention. The batman beyond skin in arkham knight looks really cool as u all know. I fpound some 3d files on 4shared of that skin but they're not unfolded so it would be nice if i could get some help converting them into pep files because i dont know how. thnx

Here is the link to the files: http://www.4shared.com/zip/_CI_H_pJce/BAK_-_Batman_Beyond.htm

Attached Files:

7. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

Re: Arkham knight batman beyond/future costume help!!!

Buddy I know that you're new, but starting a completely new thread for the same exact thing probably isn't a good idea. If you believe that your thread needs more attention than bump it. Results take time mate. Cheers.

8. Dr La Marr

Dr La Marr New Member

I really want to see how this progresses!
    I want to make the flashpoint skin for my cosplay, specifically the Arkham Knight version!

9. collinE83

collinE83 Well-Known Member

I've never pepped anything in paper, so someone else would need to do it that way, but these models are pretty cool. I'd love to unfold for foam once I finish a few things, and if nobody else has done it by then, I'll unfold that way.

Really cool suit.

10. superher0g33k

Thanks for sharing dude, I'd rather have a version for foam too because it's a lot simpler to build and cheaper. It would be really really really AWESOME if u could unfold it for foam.

11. superher0g33k

bumpity bump

12. collinE83

I simplified the back armor's geometry a bit and unfolded each individual piece for it. I just want to put it back together now so it can all be scaled at once. I'll try to upload that tonight after work.

13. superher0g33k

Omg! Omg! Omg! thank u! thank u! thank u! U r awesome! I bet u didn't know that ur doing work for a 14 year old XD lol. Keep at it bro, I really enjoy helping hands. Thanks again!

14. collinE83

Actually makes me want to try to spend more time getting it done. And sorry I missed my deadline. I'm a crap. I'll get it uploaded soon.

15. collinE83

BeyondBackPep.JPG

http://www.4shared.com/file/1giEOhPJce/Akham_Knight_-_Beyond_Back_Arm.html
    Scaled for a 6'0" Batman. Some of those smaller pieces are going to have to be cut out of thinner craft foam but some bigger pieces will need to be in maybe 6mm to get the thickness.

xkvegans likes this.
  16. superher0g33k

Thanks dude, i love how you say u want to work on it more because i'm 14 thats amazing thank you :) thank u for unfolding it man, keep up the good work and no ur not a crap, one day later isnt a big deal and besides, its not like halloween is around the corner. JK im actually going as ironman, if u want u can check me out superher0g33k on instagram and thank u again, i really really really appreciate it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  17. superher0g33k

bumpity bump

18. Bigbat23

Bigbat23 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should look into doing it yourself. I'm sure there are videos on YouTube you check out. Like someone already said, your kind of asking a lot.

19. StarkTonyE

StarkTonyE Member

I've found your post!LET'S UNFOLD IT!!

collinE83 likes this.
  20. superher0g33k

bumpity bump

21. collinE83

xkvegans likes this.
  22. superher0g33k

23. xkvegans

xkvegans New Member

Keep this thread alive...

collinE83 how you decrease the file size into small size? like the torso from 64.6 MB to 5.13 MB for Chest and 4.22 MB for Back?
    I'm new for unfolding the pep files

Thanks

24. collinE83

Through some unknown Pepakura magic, clicking "unfold" and "save as" can automatically reduce the file size down to about 1/3 of the original .pdo so I'm not sure how it was originally saved or why doing this reduces it so much.

The other thing I do is I import the .obj (either the .obj file provided, or just exported from the .pdo file) into Maya and reduce polygons, move vertices, simplify geometry, and move some of the overlapping edges that would interfere with foam building. The original torso has upwards of 25,000 polygons, and the combined total of the chest and back after editing is just over 11,000 which makes unfolding and building much more simple. I wish the model was clean enough that it could just be unfolded directly.

I'm editing the helmet right now, but not reducing the poly count as much, just because it'll be important to keep as much detail as possible.It'll just mostly be removing inside layers and adjusting some of the angles that are too complex for foam.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    xkvegans likes this.
  25. collinE83

chemicallion and xkvegans like this.
  26. xkvegans

xkvegans New Member

Ah! I see
    Thank you for explanation
    You are really kind person

I work with blender, but I will try

I was unfolded this stuff too, but I think yours better than mine :D

27. collinE83

Thank you for the kind words. I'm still learning the more I unfold, so it just takes practice.

Let us know if there's a certain part you're working on. It takes a lot of time, so if you're working on one part, then I can move to a different area. This way we don't step on eachother's toes and we can complete the unfold faster. :)

28. superher0g33k

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Ur Awesome!

29. lon281

lon281 New Member

I've been trying to download these files but I'm having trouble. It sends me to another page and yesterday I think my computer crashed and said I have a possible virus? Is there any other way to get these files?

30. superher0g33k

If it sends u to the 4shared site, it's supposed to do that. Then you click: uiiuui.JPG

31. collinE83

I'll just post this for fun since I forgot to do it before.

Used 2mm and 3mm foam. Excuse the caulk I was using to smooth the foam seams, I haven't painted yet.

batman head.jpg

I haven't worked anymore on the unfold, but I'll come back to it in the future.

superher0g33k and Bogleo like this.
  32. lon281

lon281 New Member

That's looking Pretty good. I haven't tried to download this yet, I'm getting ready to start on a batman origins armor. Keep it up. I'd like to see how this turns out!

33. alexmercer996

alexmercer996 New Member

Thanks a lot sir :)
    It really helps. I have always wanted to make the batman beyond armor..and now i can :D
    Thanks a million sir.

34. collinE83

superher0g33k likes this.
  35. collinE83

36. collinE83

Mig407 and superher0g33k like this.
  37. Mig407

Mig407 Well-Known Member

DUUUUDE this is awesome thanx for sharing

collinE83 and superher0g33k like this.
  38. superher0g33k

It would be nice if you could tackle the shin pad next dude! Keep up the good work :)

39. collinE83

Sure! I'll start with that part next.

40. Mig407

Mig407 Well-Known Member

i started building this

collinE83 and superher0g33k like this.
  41. superher0g33k

I'd love to see!

Mig407 likes this.
  42. kevinv

kevinv New Member

Wow. Really Great. I've been working on some foam templates in Illustrator and these are a huge help. Did you work on the belt? Cheers.

43. Mig407

Mig407 Well-Known Member

any update on the shins???

44. Mig407

Mig407 Well-Known Member

ill unfold th3m

45. collinE83

Thanks, dude. I have my hands full right now, but I know a lot of people are wanting to build this. Looking forward to seeing you in this one, Mig.

46. collinE83

Mig407 has done it! After a lengthy model edit on my part, Mig took over and made short work of the unfold for the full leg.

Arkham Knight Leg Pep.JPG

http://www.4shared.com/file/ixJRm6lYba/Akham_Knight_-_Beyond_Leg_Armo.html

Aside from some doo-dads here and there, the major components of the suit are done. The rest of the pieces could probably just be pulled from the full model posted earlier in the thread. Updated versions and unfolds may come in the future, but for now-- Happy Building!

***Edit***

Just kidding. The belt is a pretty major part of the suit, so that'll be next once Halloween's over. My bad.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    superher0g33k and Mig407 like this.
  47. markseven

markseven Well-Known Member

here's a sample of the helmet file. i free handed the mouth piece though because i liked this variation. its made of 5mm eva and some 2mm for details
    14650521_314719505567361_1629780695753333815_n.jpg
    14639843_314719472234031_8630270850684476073_n.jpg

Mig407, collinE83 and superher0g33k like this.
  48. collinE83

49. superher0g33k

50. Mig407

Mig407 Well-Known Member

awesome cowl!