I'm looking for TCW armor pack (backpack).... And possibly a WIP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by bamills328, Jun 3, 2015.

1. bamills328

bamills328 New Member

Hi guys, been on here for some time just stealthily crushing and admiring the work, and for the last couple of weeks I've been thinking to myself that I want to make a TCW trooper pack, like the backpack style one. I recently decided to go back to school and I want to make it to carry around my few books and a small computer. (Yes I am aware it will be heavier than just a nylon backpack) but I want something that won't tear easily as my current new backpack just did. I've been recently trying to find a thread that has a list of such files, but was unsuccessful late last night. I did however see that fierfek* (not sure if its spelled right) had made one, and I did PM him. But haven't heard back yet. And I was just wondering if there was a file floating around I might be able grab. Anyway thanks for any help that you could offer.

2. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

He'll get back to you, no worries. He's pretty reliable. If he doesn't answer right away, he's just busy. A word of warning about that pack -- it's not the most spacious. *heh* What sort of construction were you planning to use for it? Sturdiness is something you're going to have to consider.

--Jonah

3. bamills328

bamills328 New Member

Well the end goal is to purchase some sort of decent replacement backpack or molle straps and use it as a backpack for school. My current one I have had for a little over a year and had little to no use has already started to rip and tear in a few locations and I'm not quite into the second week of school. (Mainly thread is breaking) but i do plan on doing several layers of fiberglass to make this as solid as possible with out the expense of weight. Hopefully*

4. CT7567

CT7567 Active Member

To get a sturdier finished product I would say go with wood and then a padded back plate. Maybe a lighter/thinner plywood to keep down on weight.

5. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member