Im finally done with a accurate Spider-Man 2 suit

Superman5

Ive been working on this for about 2 years now and after alot of trial and error Ive gotten really close. This suit is really accurate. I used the real movie patterns and not the scans that are on ebay. Im going to be using movie molds for the lense frames. The lenses on this suit are temporary. Im waiting for materials to finish my final lenses. My spiders and webs are cleanly cut using the dimensions of the real ones. My webs are made from urethane and have the gun metal tops. The shoes have the squared look to them. The Zippers and thread and glue I use is the exact one to the movie. I did sculpt and cast a shell to be vacuformed off of, but I decided to get one laser cut. I couldnt find my cam to take pics of my own, but orlando spider from the hype bought this suit and posted some pics. My screen name there is spiderman5. Click here to see them. http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showth...t=3676&page=473

That looks very good.

Originally posted by Superman5@Jan 5 2006, 02:27 PM
Ive been working on this for about 2 years now and after alot of trial and error Ive gotten really close. This suit is really accurate. I used the real movie patterns and not the scans that are on ebay. Im going to be using movie molds for the lense frames. The lenses on this suit are temporary. Im waiting for materials to finish my final lenses. My spiders and webs are cleanly cut using the dimensions of the real ones. My webs are made from urethane and have the gun metal tops. The shoes have the squared look to them. The Zippers and thread and glue I use is the exact one to the movie. I did sculpt and cast a shell to be vacuformed off of, but I decided to get one laser cut. I couldnt find my cam to take pics of my own, but orlando spider from the hype bought this suit and posted some pics. My screen name there is spiderman5. Click here to see them. http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showth...t=3676&page=473
[snapback]1151409[/snapback]​

It looks like your nose and face are directly under the facemask. Is it? Ever thought of putting a face plate mask like the movie suits? Just curious.

Amazing Spiderman Suit you got there. :p punny.

That is one fantastic looking suit. :thumbsup Too bad Orlando could not get some better pictures of it in some good lighting.

Gator

Beatiful, beautiful suit.

How well can you see through those lenses? I am sure it was in there somewhere, but I didn't read it all.

Beautiful work......

Well done.

I'm very impressed by your desire to use as many accurate materials as you can.It really shows.
I can't wait to see it with a vacuform underskull.That will cap off the best looking Spider-Man 2 suit I've ever seen.

Any plans on making these available to the general public?

Again,Very well done.

Chuck...

That looks like it came straight off the set.

Will these be made available?

Id love to have one pinned to my wall like in JJ's office.

Thanks so much guys I appreciate the compliments. If your interested pm me your email address and ill send details. This one doesnt have the shell yet. When it does everything will be aligned perfectly. The visibility is great with good lighting. Alittle harder with dark lighting. I am def making a Superman costume to go with my name. A Superman Returns costume. Im in my research stage, but I can say that it will be very accurate. Ill post when I finish that. If you know any details about Supes please feel free to post here. I can use all the info I can get.

Originally posted by Superman5@Jan 8 2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks so much guys I appreciate the compliments. If your interested pm me your email address and ill send details. This one doesnt have the shell yet. When it does everything will be aligned perfectly. The visibility is great with good lighting. Alittle harder with dark lighting. I am def making a Superman costume to go with my name. A Superman Returns costume. Im in my research stage, but I can say that it will be very accurate. Ill post when I finish that. If you know any details about Supes please feel free to post here. I can use all the info I can get.
[snapback]1153721[/snapback]​

Dude check out your email :)

Well done my friend.
That is the best one yet.

Looking forward to your Sup's Returns.

We should touch base sometime soon.

David

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back