I'm an extra in Ironman 3! :) YAY!

streetjudge79

Master Member
One of my crew member buddies invited me to the set today to check it all out, and I ended up being put in as an extra in a scene with Ironman and Rhodes! It will be a beach biker bar scene. What an amazing day! I got to see Downey Jr and Cheadle do their stuff, got to see the Ironman and patriot stand in statues (not suits unfortunately.) They were still amazing up close.The Ironman statue was hollow fiberglass and pretty light , one guy carried it to and from the scene with ease. The Iron Patriot statue seemed mostly made of Urethane and it was somewhat flexible. Any reservations I had on the mostly gold Ironman suit have gone away, it was killer. They shot 4 different scenes where I'm pretty much in front of the camera so here's hoping I don't end up on the cutting room floor. I was like 15 feet away from these guys the whole day.. I wish I could have taken pics but I would have gotten thrown out. Downey Jr was hilarious, he is very playful with the extras on the set and the director Shane Black kept playing jokes on us. He was a delight to watch direct. I'm still on cloud 9 from the experience. Just have to say WOW!

So jealous. I had been an extra before in a movie but to be in the same scene with Downey Jr must have been ridiculous, and in a movie like this.

quick! mold your face and sell it in the junkyard (painted or as raw kits) and call it a direct cast from a screen seen prop! :lol

must have been fun, Congrats!

Oh yes, you are definitely lucky my friend , congrats...so many people would love to be where your at , right now......hope you get to be in the film and become famous, just dont forget (all of us little people) , when you hit the big screen........

Rhodey turns to us and says "I wouldn't eat the hot dogs" The set was a beach bar/grill that is in Malibu. Ironman and Patriot walk out to the front and Ironman takes off into the sky.. That's when Rhodey turns and says that line to us.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back