I'm a physcopathic masochist... and I need help (but not the kind you think)

jinzin

Sooooooo....... For some odd reason I got it in my head today that I need to make a horrifyingly complex custom figure....

I recently recieved my Mcfarlane queen alien in the mail as I've never owned one before and I couldn't believe how utterly awesome she is..... until the dissapointment of her lack of articulation began to set in....

Anyways... my stupid muse decided it would be funny for me to get it in my fool head to go bigger and better than I ever need to and now I'm thinkin..... I need to make a fully articulated, accurately scaled...... Alien Queen...... For the Hot Toys Predator scale. :p

So I need help here.
First I need any and all Alien Queen pictures, movie screen caps or design work... if anyone has well detailed ones from a stan winston book or something I would really appreciate the scans for this.

Second, I need help on molding and casting... I know there's parts I'm going to want to mold and cast using rubbery materials... but outside of making a few bronze sculptures I know next to nothing about the process so I'd really appreciate a mentor here, or help being pushed in the right direction...

Finally if anyone here could give me a mock up of an Alien Queen accurately scaled to a predator I could use it so I have the correct proportions....

I know this is a lot of work and that I need a lot of help.... but I was hoping that the lair could come to my aid and that this could be a group project of sorts..... Let me know what you guys think... And thanks for any help/consideration/or time in advance.

Hey post this on THE HIVE and you will get alot of help.I have been planing to do the same ,I need a 1/6 queen that is not a statue for my dios

Hey post this on THE HIVE and you will get alot of help.I have been planing to do the same ,I need a 1/6 queen that is not a statue for my dios

Thanks, that didn't occur to me... I forgot about the hive.... of course... I only just stumbled upon this place... but I'll take your advice.

Yeah... I don't even know if I'm going to keep it for myself, but I need to make something epic.

considering how heavy even the lightest creature outfits are - something that bit- hmm - you may need to look into working with foam board - or gaterboard - or even making your own blow up shapes - that alien crown will be HEAVY -

Be a masochist like the rest of us - but don't kill yourself in that thing.

PS Your safeword shall be "alien banana"

Cathat

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back