im a newb. Questions about doing an Outdoor Sculpture

r3cki

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

i registered on therpf because of another topic, but then i saw the great artists here.
so i thought i could get some infos about a little project im interested in.

i watched some tutorial videos about doing casting with silicone forms and stuff.
but my intention is doing a life size sculpture for a garden/outdoor.

since i really dont want to do a try and error on this little project due to time and money management,
i want to workout a plan.
i thought of doing the bodywork by hand, and the face with a casting because of the details.
i could use a sales mannequin or a tailor puppet for a base bodyform and do a coating with a cement type?
(Schneiderpuppen Männlich)

how would you do this? should cost thousands of $
its a fun project, nothing too serious but im thinking about it for at least 2 years now.
after i finished my car project i need something new haha

thanks in advance for spending your time

my intention is doing a life size sculpture for a garden/outdoor

I will go out on a limb here: Life size....Person? male? female? clothes? fountain?

With what would you like to make this sculpture? Wood, plaster, cement, clay?

What would you like your sculpture to do? Stand there? Be part of the yard? Hold a sign?

I will go out on a limb here: Life size....Person? male? female? clothes? fountain?

With what would you like to make this sculpture? Wood, plaster, cement, clay?

What would you like your sculpture to do? Stand there? Be part of the yard? Hold a sign?

hi, thank you for your answer.

male stand or sit. i think cement got the best price / performance ratio and good resistance from animals / neighbor kids and stuff
i thought plaster is not good for outdoor

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back