ILM Presents: EMPIRE AT 40

That was so good. I loved when Joe was talking about the design and balance of the Falcon, he told Bill to tell the other ILM guys to put the round dish back on, because the rectangle one "doesn't work." Good stuff!

SB

He should also have put the great burger debate to rest, once, and for all.

Last edited:
Thanks edge10 .
That snapshot was brilliant , wouldn’t have known about it if you hadn’t posted. It really brought back some fond memories about why I ended up doing what I had - career wise. This docu didn’t exist way back when , but seeing Star Wars in ‘77 as an 11yr old sure made an impact.
The WOW factor , how/what/who/when/where didn’t register til many years later , but it did lead me into a profession that certainly started ( literally ) with these OT films.

Cheers Ged

That blue bit of interior decoration every time Lorne Peterson is on cam.

Ha!!!!!

yes....what was that about??
Joes glasses were cracker!!
He sort of mentioned alternative Falcons that he went away and drew for George to decide on...moving away from the linear ‘Eagle’ design...loved that part of the show

& the guy who was sleeping in the workshop story

J

Only about 15 mins in, but had to stop as it's getting late. But thinking about when they were talking about the taun taun and also the really bad original wampa. So then I was thinking, in a weird way, that wampa saved Luke and all the rebels, becides almost killing him. Why? Because had it not showed up, Luke would have actually checked out the "meteor" that had just crashed down, which would have filmed him and quickly alerted the imperials of their location. I guess the question is, would Luke have known it was from the Empire and what would he have done. One thing for sure, they would have not questioned Vader about it and would have quickly gone straight there, possibly not giving them enough time to evacuate. But the wampa delayed that, pretty much saving them. I'm probably putting way to much thought into this, but that's what we fans do.

By the way, I just noticed the absence of any kind of hair on Dennis Muren´s head and face. It puts a little lump into my throat to ask this, but is Dennis undergoing a chemo treatment? I know that he had always this thin flowing hair, but I can´t remember seeing him completely bald in the last few years?

By the way, I just noticed the absence of any kind of hair on Dennis Muren´s head and face. It puts a little lump into my throat to ask this, but is Dennis undergoing a chemo treatment? I know that he had always this thin flowing hair, but I can´t remember seeing him completely bald in the last few years?
He's been fully bald since at least 2016, so it's possible that he's just... bald.

He's been fully bald since at least 2016, so it's possible that he's just... bald.

Yeah, I guessed that might be the case, and he always had that very light and thin hair and those very blonde eyebrows. It would have been sad to see another good man suffer from that damn C.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back