ILM cast Jango Fett Helmet

DrakeC13

Posted this in the wrong area earlier... sorry guys

So anyway, hello everyone :) new here and I just wanted to show off the ILM/screen cast Jango Bucket I received quite a while back. It was made from one of the original two molds used for the making of Attack of the Clones movie in Australia- Anyone have thoughts on it?

EDIT: LFL ... not ILM- thanks for clarifying that KaanE

http://imageshack.us/g/20/dscf2476a.jpg/pictures> http://imageshack.us/g/20/dscf2476a.jpg/

The rangefinder and stalk ARE NOT, ILM replicas- I got them free with the bucket

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome to the rpf, just wondered how you know it came from one of the original molds? Was it purchased from someone you know personally or was it from eBay? I only ask as there are a lot of other fan made casts of this helmet that originate from a screen accurate helmet, is your helmet cold cast or just fiberglass?

Here is mine all painted and ready to go (cold cast too).....I would recommend getting someone who knows what they are doing (not me!) to paint it as once done it does look great...(Pics are a bit old now...)...
Finished_Jango.jpg
IMG_0725.jpg

Hi there and welcome to the rpf, just wondered how you know it came from one of the original molds? Was it purchased from someone you know personally or was it from eBay? I only ask as there are a lot of other fan made casts of this helmet that originate from a screen accurate helmet, is your helmet cold cast or just fiberglass?

Im assuming that its one of asok's buckets.

From what I understand is that ilm did not do these buckets either, that they came from a new zealand prop company. Asok's molds are supposed to have been from that. It is still supposed to be the screen used molds.

It's not asok's, it's from a seller in Australia who sold it to a member of TDH (also in Australia) who sold it to him. The helmet comes from one of the original moulds from the prototype helmet made by a crew in Australia (not ILM, but contracted by LFL) which was then modified a little bit (symmetry) by LFL to what we know as the Screen Used helmet.

All the helmets actually for sale come from moulds of a helmet made with these moulds, except the ones sold by fettpride long time ago, and the one in the first post, which came from the proto moulds.

PD: The Australian seller is NOT O'Toole, if anyone was wondering.

Yea, theses went the way of the mystery helmet (in context of distribution) which is nice. Haven't painted one of these in awhile...stupid krylon...

It's just a shame I can't afford to get it painted- too many school items I have to buy, clothes and then theres the even bigger factor of time- I have absolutely none for the next few years :(

I have one of the Asok Cold cast ones. Said it was molds from a Hero Helmet from AOTC. Finished up very nice, if I say so my self :)

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02163.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back