ILM article

There were some posts and links around the time that it took place, and earlier around a nearby IPMS show when there was a similar talk with the group. They're all pretty tight still, like opportunities like this that are close by.

Thanks for the link!
Which part does he mean with 'universal greeblie'?
The 232 transmission thing?

No, he mentioned a flakverling. I would figure he's talking about the Tamiya 88mm Flak 36/37. Thats always a donator. Adam mentioned "..a dome with four .. on it". That description leads me to think of the wheel fenders, but there's a couple other items that could fit that bill.
Just my guess.

He was referring to a small piece that looks like a low rise dome with 4 smaller ones positioned on its quadrants, kinda like toes. I believe there's one or two tiny pips on the dome as well. I think it was from the Leopold kit and the part is not much bigger than 1/4".

These are from the Leopold. Kitscan is from studioscale.com.

2e.jpg

Adam said a Flak. Granted, the Leopold and M.Karl are massive donors, but I was going from his description. I could think of different parts from any of the mentioned kits that is seen more often than those little turtle looking greeblies.
I dunno.

Wasili wins! Those are the parts we used to refer to at ILM as the universal greebly. The kit comes with about 2 dozen of them, so we used them like salt. They got used everywhere, and a couple times had to be remade in larger scales for enlarged sections of smaller models that already had them.

As a joke, I planted about 50 castings of a 1" version of it in, on and around a friend's desk who was sick and tired of seeing that part.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back