il1keme's first ever costume

il1keme

Hey fellas

I joined this forum a couple of months ago and found myself buying an alien part kit off monsterroom in a matter of days.

Since then i've been asking alot of questions and getting amazing amounts of valuable information from yourselves. I just wanted to thank you all for contributing towards my very first costume i have ever made by myself. Here are some of the pics from the building process.

If anyone has any questions on how i did anything or how i could improve on certain spots please feel free to comment. Please note that i did not have access to any spray guns to apply paint. All painting was done by hand including final 2 coats of perma-wet to head.

I will have some good quality photos taken next week and i will upload them as soon as i can, thanks for viewing!

-Nick
083.JPG

085.JPG

086.JPG

087.JPG

091.JPG

093.JPG

096.JPG

098.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

118.JPG

128.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The suit is off Monsterroom, all the parts were great to work with, exceot with the thighs. Unfortunately both mine were made at different lengths so i had to do a few modifications to a standard setup. But overall the whole kit was great to work with.

Here are a few more pics
107.JPG

115.JPG

124.JPG

The wire i used to attach the tail to my shouldere harness, i also stripped some 1.5mm black SDI cable and used the insulation to protect the suit from chaffing and rubbing damage. I used two snap locks attached to 2 wires to connect to each shoulder to give the tail a nice stiff look while i am walking.

More pics to come in a weeks time when i have my first convention in it, Looking forward to April when i meet up with the rest of the Aussie preds and aliens!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back