il1keme's first alien costume convention shoot!

il1keme

Hey fellas

As promised here are the photos of my completed Alien suit, my first in a hopefully long line of completed high end costumes.

These photos are taken at the Australian Gencon 2009 held in beautiful sunny Brisbane. This is where i first wore my completed alien suit last week to show off to the general public, and the response was beyond amazing!

Have you ever seen those movie scenes where someone walks into a bar and everyone just stops and looks at that person? I finally found out what that was like. I encourage anyone who views this thread to please leave any comments or suggestions on to how i could improve in some areas, whether it be painting / assembly / stance for photos / additional characters to pose with.

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped in the creation of this suit, especially "monsterroom" who provided me with the mouldings. And to all of you other Australian based predators and xenomorph's out there, Brisbane is soaking in anticipation for Supanova 2010 in Brisbane, as they are now aware that the hunter's, and even more aliens will be attending.

alien_501__st__good.jpg

myself deheaded'ed

alien_501__st_3.jpg

me and my mate solid snake

alien_vs_monkey.jpg

ahh monkey

good_me_and_kath_alien.jpg

The 501'st took a liking to me.... i think

me__snake.jpg

no i was wrong

me_deheaded.jpg

one of the shots on stage

stage_alien.jpg

me and my little sister (shout out to "monstermaker" for the great shirt!)

For extra pics please see my facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile...amp;ref=profile

me_with_head.jpg

better_me__kath.jpg

p.s.
Just to let you guys know i managed to win best costume, and won an all expenses paid trip to Sydney for the SMASH! convention.

Last edited by a moderator:
nick u are the man well u technically are a xenomorph there :) well done mate congrats on the win u more than deserved it :DI'm so pissed
i didn't get to see ya at gen con wish I could have gone but I'm so excited for supanova next year cannot wait its gonna be so awesome ;)
if i can give a little suggestion the belt it was standing out in some shot's if there's a way u can hide it like painting the silver buckle black,
your suit rules but that was the only thing that didn't look right to me,cannot wait to hunt u buddy :p as a predator 2010 brisnova here we come :D

cheers fellas

I found out on the first day that my belt was slipping a little at first so i had to readjust it, unfortunately later on i found out that it had left a 20 cm wide bruise across my back (whoops). But i got the belt under control now so now more belty stuff-ups.

Hey guys

Thought i'd throw up (not literally) a few more photos from my last con, these were taken by my sister with her really expensive camera and they turned out great. Im installing speakers into my shoulders this week with looping mp3's playing from a 2gb mp3 player attached to my belt. Also im in the process of getting a "drool" system which will use 'mcdonalds milkshake thickener' to give an even slimier look to the mouth.
_DSC1263.JPG

_DSC1276.JPG

_DSC1248.JPG

My big sister, with little sister operating the camera

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back