IG88 Head

Dumb question of the day, should I be using the front, or the rear, part of the scope, for the side do-hickey. I was about to mount the rear one, and i thought I should ask, before I get it mounted in there, and can't get it back out.

Does anyone know a Star Wars fan / Artist that would like to do a more technical drawing of IG88 to assist in building him?

Does anyone know a Star Wars fan / Artist that would like to do a more technical drawing of IG88 to assist in building him?

No, but that's a great iea. I would llve to have a print next to my head.

I took quite some time off from this project, as I got distracted by other shinny props, but I got to work on the eyes today. Mine are far, from perfect, but I'm hoping I can dress them up a bit. I made the boxes behind the eye stocks out of wood, and they have a few chips here and there, but with some filling, and plenty of filling primmer, I think I might be able to save them, and hide the wood grain. (Hey it's worked before.) I still have to put them together, do the aforementioned filling., and make the part that attaches them to each other, and the head. Then I have to paint everything, light it, etc, etc, etc. Darn to look at it, it looks like I am so close, but to look at the list of what I need to do......[Groan]

I see all this wonderful fan art done by talented artisans. There are hardly enough picture of IG88 to make him accurate.

Of all the lifesize ones I've seen, I don't think anyone has nailed his essence. Most are building him to look like the Kenner figures, and they don't look right.

In my opinion IG88 would not have R2D2 like feet.

I would love to see a talented artist sketch him as evil and perhaps more mobile and take some artistic license. It would be great to see multiple versions and then we could build him around the Derwent head.

Finally finished mine! Thanks Skaught - the casting was awesome!

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

Last edited:
Yes very nice job. I really have to finish mine. I have it almost ready to paint, but it's benn setting that way for almost a year now. I really have to get on that.

Since I posted photos on page 2 of this thread in 2007, my IG-88 head has sat unfinished, awaiting a pair of eyes. I FINALLY got around to adding a pair of Skaught's resin cast eyes to him this week, so he is now, at long last, finished! :thumbsup

IG-88Head1.jpg

IG-88Head2.jpg

IG-88Head3.jpg

And another nice paint job!

I need to cast another for my full size guy. I miss the smell of resin, anyway. Anyone need another? :)

Scott

My full-size is nearing completion after 15 months of working on it. I should have the option of displaying it at our 501st garrison booth as a torso or as the full body by separating him at the waist. Thanks to those who have followed my progress on Facebook over the past year. I'll try and get fresh pics posted there soon. :):thumbsup

15 months? I started mine in March and I'll be done before CV! Slacker. :)

Scott

Yeah, it really sucks to be totally blind in one eye and have 20% vision in the other, technically making me "disabled". I do what I'm able to do (and what my income allows), though. :)

Yeah, it really sucks to be totally blind in one eye and have 20% vision in the other, technically making me "disabled". I do what I'm able to do (and what my income allows), though. :)

WOW! I thought I was the only "blind builder" on here. :) I can technically see out of both eyes, but my visual rating in both is like 20/260, so I'm legally blind. I have no business using a dremel, or any other power tool, and I probably shouldn't even be in this hobby, but I've never let that stop me. :) Heck, I used to make my living as a Photographer, and I've been visually impaired since age 5, so I did it all with this level of vision.

I bout my IG-88 head kit about this time last year, and I'm still working on mine, if it makes you feel any better. :) (then again, I'm not just "blind" I'm a procrastinator too. :lol)

Last edited:
I've enjoyed reading through this thread. I have one of Scott's head cast and I need to finish mine. Fetthunter did you finish yours yet? If so I would love to see some pics. I'm still not sure how I plan on lighting mine. I had at one time thought of maybe using some sort of led lighting so maybe there wouldn't be a issue with heat from regular bulbs.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back