If you're still thinking about going overboard for that Target BB-8...

Leeway

This was revealed at Toy Fair today in NY. From Jakks Pacific. 31"' high. lights and the heads moves. Not just spins, MOVES. This pic makes it look a little out of proportion but others make it look dead on. A few paint dabs for aging and I think you have a nice prop. I think the MSRP is $130.
tumblr_o2hotaW9dc1qa2r95o1_540.jpg

oh man, that does look good! my girlfriend just surprised me with the sphero bb8. I'm gonna need this new one as well

That's a different one. That's the voice activated remote control BB-8. A nice one from what I've seen but I think it's about 8 inches short of life size. The one I was showing here is life size with lights, sounds, moving head and "thumbs up" extension but it sits on a stand.

yeah when I saw the link I was looking at it on my phone while out of country... the video hadn't loaded yet.

the static BB8 on a stand actually looks WAY better, as this one may move, but doesn't "roll". I'm not sure why the article for the one I posted is saying it's maybe better than the sphero... the sphero BB-8 may be too small, but at least it's body is actually rolling!

This was revealed at Toy Fair today in NY. From Jakks Pacific. 31"' high. lights and the heads moves. Not just spins, MOVES. This pic makes it look a little out of proportion but others make it look dead on. A few paint dabs for aging and I think you have a nice prop. I think the MSRP is $130.
View attachment 591158

there was info put out about this prior to toy fair. The one in the picture is a special version with the lighter and electronics. There will be a standard static version as well.

if I read the info correctly, the figure is for their 31" line, not actually 31" tall. Not really sure how they figure the scale as what they say the actual height was something like 16-18". The point is this is not a 1:1 scale figure. Nothing from the images at the show I have seen shows This to be 1:1.

i would think they would need a special license agreement to do one life size as that would qualify as a replica.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back