"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than can possibly imagine." Huh?

Re: "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than can possibly imagine."

The troopers were the ones to fire at Han and Luke (and of course missed). Chewy broke their necks. ;)

Kevin

Yup, my thoughts exactly. They get grabbed from behind and we hear blasts shot in panic.

Re: "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than can possibly imagine."

Ooookay so I guess coming back from the dead, communicating and still guiding your student, SHOWING him that The Force can indeed transcend death...yeah that's not powerful at all...yup...pretty weak.
He could have done all of that while alive.

Maybe Kenobi can be seen, or maybe Luke 'can see dead people'. Luke is the only one to see them, right?

Or Luke is dreaming the whole thing after being hit on the head by the sand people. He dreams a magic wizard saves him, and he's really important, and the best pilot with no training, and fights the whole Empire and wins...Yeah, right.

Han, Chewy, Luke and Ben are hiding in the Falcon...Han calls two storm troopers inside to help them.
Then you hear two blaster sounds (and they didnt sound like they were set on stun).

And what happened to those guys? Did they just stay in the cargo hold? Yuck.

And the clothes fit, with their normal clothes underneath, including boots.

...and Luke seeing Vader kill Kenobi is the catalyst that sets him on his course to overthrowing the empire.

This is how I've always understood it too, it's the death of the mentor that spurns the hero onto a great achievement.
There's something perhaps cynically manipulative though in the way Obi-Wan clearly waits until Luke has a good eyeful before dropping his guard before Vader. What may have been intended to embolden could easily have tipped over to revenge. I've heard that can turn out not so good.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back