If George Lucas knew about this site.....

Club Obi Wan?

EDIT. Just googed it........but thats an Indy site, until four im thinking no one has a problem with that series.
What does that have to do with it? He's visited one high profile prop/costume site, it would make sense he's visited the biggest one.

I'm sure he has visited and gets a laugh about most of what is discussed here about him. So, George if your reading this... Get help, fire everyone that works for you, and hire some of the people who have critized you the most to help you get your edge back.

It has been confirmed that he is aware of and has visited Club Obi Wan, so why not here?

That's only what we've been told with NO PROOF. The MODS over there are full of hot air for the most part, and their stories change so many times. I'm of the opinion anything they say is suspect. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Pleeeeease. Do you really think that he would not have visited the definitive premiere prop building site on the Internet?! It's safe to assume he has been here, and will be back again.

Human nature. Whether your rich or poor, for some reason deep down you care. You care what other people say about you and what you have done or are doing. No matter how much you say you don't, you know you do. I would think it is worse for someone with all his money.

Too much time to sit around and think.

Uh, folks? The Death Star has cleared the planet. The Death Star has cleared the planet!

I think he found us. Flee! Flee!!!!

Assuming he's aware of this site and others like it, I'd expect it's a mix of being pleased that folks dig the movies enough to devote energy into making the props, with a bit of keeping a watchful eye to ensure they aren't screwing with his business, and a general rolling of eyes at those who speak ill of him.

I think, however, that he definitely has a sort of general sense of the reactions of much of the fan community on the internet to his choices and changes. And while I think a part of him cares (there does seem to be an undertone of irritation and feeling like a victim in his comments -- which suggests that he DOES care what people think), he's also got a thick enough skin that he can say "Whatever. They're my stories. Don't like 'em? Door's that-a-way."

Yeah Dan, nothing that has come out of GL's mouth in the last decade plus has led me to believe he's got a thick skin. He's very much a "fine, then I'm gonna take my ball and go home!" kinda guy I suspect. God, he even has that petulant, whispy child's voice to go with it. *Shudder*

This site served as an inspiration to release the new Star Wars 3D movie in grayscale, and will continue serving as an inspiration for all his future releases. Just wait and see, the site's name is going to be in the end credits.

Yeah Dan, nothing that has come out of GL's mouth in the last decade plus has led me to believe he's got a thick skin. He's very much a "fine, then I'm gonna take my ball and go home!" kinda guy I suspect. God, he even has that petulant, whispy child's voice to go with it. *Shudder*

I dunno. I see that tone to some degree, but that may also be me reading tone into his words. I think his primary goal is satisfying his own vision -- which seems to constantly be in flux. He'd probably love it if people enjoyed each subsequent change, but if they don't, then I think it's somewhere between mild irritation and shrugging it off with a "Tough beans" response.

I guess the original question would depend on which forums he visited here. If he went to the prop and costume forums his head would be the size of a boarding house pudding with all the stuff his inspiration has and continues to fuel. This forum, not so much.

I supplied Lucas Arts board member lightsabers for their art department in the late 90's and through the early 2000's. I talked with Lucas employees in detail about the board here and we had many very positive conversations about the RPF.
When Lucas was looking for a licensee, they looked at the RPF for potential talent in giving the license.
When multiple people went to apply for the license, it was brought up in the sit down meetings.
Currently, The Master Replicas sabers are sitting on display in George Lucas's office. They are the only props other than an R2D2 cookie jar he has in display in his personal space.

So, absolutely, he is aware of the place.

I dont really care, it wasnt the motivation behind the original question. And besides talking with his reps doesnt confirm HE visits here.
Ok lets say he does come here often to end all that, how would he feel about what he sees
when he is here?
Maybe this is SRS`s homepage and he jumps on and off projects just to screw around.

Last edited:
I supplied Lucas Arts board member lightsabers for their art department in the late 90's and through the early 2000's. I talked with Lucas employees in detail about the board here and we had many very positive conversations about the RPF.
When Lucas was looking for a licensee, they looked at the RPF for potential talent in giving the license.
When multiple people went to apply for the license, it was brought up in the sit down meetings.
Currently, The Master Replicas sabers are sitting on display in George Lucas's office. They are the only props other than an R2D2 cookie jar he has in display in his personal space.

So, absolutely, he is aware of the place.

Awesome!

Thx for sharing :thumbsup

Or he may have hired a Russian hacker in an attempt to take over our site. If you think about it, the takeover of the domain and the setting up of the fake site seems so similar to the Trade Federation situation in The Phantom Menace.

Just kidding, of course. :lol

That's logical!:lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back