If George Lucas knew about this site.....

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Mr Webber, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Would he feel better or worse about himself? Im thinking he would feel pretty good as there is just sooo much stuff just about him the fact that its all mostly negative would wash over. It appears for better or worse that his legacy will last through the ages.

2. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There is a chance that GL does know about this site because a few of our members worked either directly together with him, currently work for him or his company ;)

So since we did not hear anything negative from him he very likely does not really care. Or he does and compensates the low blows by dating models, buying new and vintage sports cars or simply through hitting the everwhining fanboys where it really hurts them the most by releasing new version after new version.

3. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am sure he knows about it, and I am pretty sure he cries himself to sleep on a giant bed made of money knowing that we dislike some changes he makes to his movies.

:)

Chris

4. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

"If he knew we were here, he'd have killed us already."

5. Vermithrax 4

Vermithrax 4 Well-Known Member

He's seen us. Our eyes, they...they disappeared. Out there...past dem trees!

6. SciFiMuseum

SciFiMuseum Well-Known Member

No, he would have HAD us killed.

7. Commander Max

Commander Max Sr Member

He would be laughing his --- off.

All the while making fun of us, with the occasional, "Hey guys watch what happens when I say this".

8. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He has known about this site for many many years. No worries, for the most part he has been very friendly minded in regards to the membership here.

9. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Thats pretty much how i see it as well.

10. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Or he may have hired a Russian hacker in an attempt to take over our site. If you think about it, the takeover of the domain and the setting up of the fake site seems so similar to the Trade Federation situation in The Phantom Menace.

Just kidding, of course. :lol

11. phez

phez Sr Member

He is biding his time, waiting for the moment he will go back and digitally edit all of the light saber hilts in the original trilogy into Anakin ROTS versions just to **** with us :lol:lol:lol.

I am guessing he likely sort of shakes his head thinking :confused.

12. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Maybe he keeps putting out new versions of the films as revenge for what folks say on this site.

13. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wasn't he the hacker?! ;)

EDIT: was just a joke.

You know, there are only so many sites that have impassioned discussions about all this stuff. But the latest "Greedo shot first" controversy is all over the internet. It's like it's some kind of viral way to get people pumped up about caring for the movies again.

I'm sure this is an easy site for anyone there to stake out, but, you know what: it doesn't matter. He can do what he wants with his movies and will never come across as a bad guy. The movies are all positively received overall. It'd be nice to know he's listening to the stuff going on here, but I'd hope he's working on revitalizing his movie career with non-blockbuster movies that mean something to him again!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  14. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Can't somebody combine all these Lucas threads....for all the Lucas talk that's going on, the movie thread section is being over run by GEORGE LUCAS!!!

15. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

I think it would be a massive stretch to think he would or has ever visited here, i mean why would he? To look at replicas of the originals sitting across his desk? If he did it would only be the result of some self loathing issue and not for inspiration. Theres no shortage of people outside his door that would praise him. He has his people across any site along these lines but i bet they arent looking for people for and against the changes to his work.

Im interested in what his state of mind would be if he did spend some time within these cyberwalls.
    Could be a little something there for everyone, if you know what i mean:rolleyes

16. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It has been confirmed that he is aware of and has visited Club Obi Wan, so why not here?

17. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Club Obi Wan?

EDIT. Just googed it........but thats an Indy site, until four im thinking no one has a problem with that series.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  18. Colin Droidmilk

Colin Droidmilk Sr Member

Yeah, and then can we have a Mike Leigh thread? Or an Antonioni thread? I'd start one but it'd be a ghost town.

So, yeah, Lucas needs to blah blah blah....

19. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Love ya George :lol.

lee

20. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

If George visits this site...... Please , please George can I have a job to ACCURATELY fix up the archives and sort out all the ref pix for the sake of film history. I know you got em somewhere and they really need to be categorized not only so we can build better props/models but for future generations dammit.

Ps if you let me do it I'll give you a kidney or something.

21. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Haha! Yes, it's the archives that needs attention!

22. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What does that have to do with it? He's visited one high profile prop/costume site, it would make sense he's visited the biggest one.

23. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

I'm sure he has visited and gets a laugh about most of what is discussed here about him. So, George if your reading this... Get help, fire everyone that works for you, and hire some of the people who have critized you the most to help you get your edge back.

24. yodakiller1138

yodakiller1138 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's only what we've been told with NO PROOF. The MODS over there are full of hot air for the most part, and their stories change so many times. I'm of the opinion anything they say is suspect. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

25. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Pleeeeease. Do you really think that he would not have visited the definitive premiere prop building site on the Internet?! It's safe to assume he has been here, and will be back again.

Human nature. Whether your rich or poor, for some reason deep down you care. You care what other people say about you and what you have done or are doing. No matter how much you say you don't, you know you do. I would think it is worse for someone with all his money.

Too much time to sit around and think.

26. Betamin

Betamin Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Uh, folks? The Death Star has cleared the planet. The Death Star has cleared the planet!

I think he found us. Flee! Flee!!!!

27. Vermithrax 4

Vermithrax 4 Well-Known Member

I wish he would've taken a bit more of that time to sit around and think up a better plot line for the prequels. :lol

28. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

nah, he hasnt seen this site, otherwise all the comments about EP 1 would have been deleted.

lol

29. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He has known about this site for years

30. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Assuming he's aware of this site and others like it, I'd expect it's a mix of being pleased that folks dig the movies enough to devote energy into making the props, with a bit of keeping a watchful eye to ensure they aren't * with his business, and a general rolling of eyes at those who speak ill of him.

I think, however, that he definitely has a sort of general sense of the reactions of much of the fan community on the internet to his choices and changes. And while I think a part of him cares (there does seem to be an undertone of irritation and feeling like a victim in his comments -- which suggests that he DOES care what people think), he's also got a thick enough skin that he can say "Whatever. They're my stories. Don't like 'em? Door's that-a-way."

31. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

He PMs me here all the time. He thinks you're pretty cool, apollo. ManFromNaboo?...not so much. He thinks you come down on me too hard for being sarcastic.

The Wook

32. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

Yeah Dan, nothing that has come out of GL's mouth in the last decade plus has led me to believe he's got a thick skin. He's very much a "fine, then I'm gonna take my ball and go home!" kinda guy I suspect. God, he even has that petulant, whispy child's voice to go with it. *Shudder*

33. Green Fish

Green Fish New Member

This site served as an inspiration to release the new Star Wars 3D movie in grayscale, and will continue serving as an inspiration for all his future releases. Just wait and see, the site's name is going to be in the end credits.

34. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I dunno. I see that tone to some degree, but that may also be me reading tone into his words. I think his primary goal is satisfying his own vision -- which seems to constantly be in flux. He'd probably love it if people enjoyed each subsequent change, but if they don't, then I think it's somewhere between mild irritation and shrugging it off with a "Tough beans" response.

35. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

I guess the original question would depend on which forums he visited here. If he went to the prop and costume forums his head would be the size of a boarding house pudding with all the stuff his inspiration has and continues to fuel. This forum, not so much.

36. tripoli

I supplied Lucas Arts board member lightsabers for their art department in the late 90's and through the early 2000's. I talked with Lucas employees in detail about the board here and we had many very positive conversations about the RPF.
    When Lucas was looking for a licensee, they looked at the RPF for potential talent in giving the license.
    When multiple people went to apply for the license, it was brought up in the sit down meetings.
    Currently, The Master Replicas sabers are sitting on display in George Lucas's office. They are the only props other than an R2D2 cookie jar he has in display in his personal space.

So, absolutely, he is aware of the place.

37. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

I dont really care, it wasnt the motivation behind the original question. And besides talking with his reps doesnt confirm HE visits here.
    Ok lets say he does come here often to end all that, how would he feel about what he sees
    when he is here?
    Maybe this is SRS`s homepage and he jumps on and off projects just to screw around.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  38. Werstrooper

Werstrooper Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Thx for sharing :thumbsup

39. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

BAHAHAHAHA!

That was awesome Wook.

40. jun

jun Active Member

That's logical!:lol

41. terryr

terryr Sr Member

I'm sure the lawyers know about it, for possible copyright violations.

If he didn't do all the stuff he does, would we be talking about Star Wars? Who talks about CE3K?

42. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

S**t - do you think he knows about my Death Star?

:confused

43. ave4uevoli

ave4uevoli Sr Member

Better ship it to me just to be on the safe side. :)

44. defstartrooper

defstartrooper Sr Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  45. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think deep down he does care, which is why we are seeing him get touchy lateley with the fans. But George has always played by his own rules and done what he wants regardless of what others say or do and that will never change.
    I however believe that George is not the creative genius people have painted him to be. The OT was a fluke thanks to him not having everything he needed - and people around him that challenged him on stupid ideas.
    The same was not apparent in the PT.

46. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I dunno. I think he's a creative genius AND I think that the OT was the product of collaboration.

As I've said before, I think George is an "idea man." Out of 10 ideas:

- 5 will be abject crap.
    - 3 will be pretty good and, with some massaging, can be phenomenal.
    - 2 will be pure unadulterated genius.

The OT had very little of the first five, and far more of the latter half there. The PT was the whole range. The trouble is, when you get those 5 awful ideas, they obscure the rest.

I mean, the PT DOES have some cool aspects to it. The lightsabre duels were awesome. I think the notion of making the PT a bit more "political" could have been a lot better if it had been better developed. The fall of a good man to evil is a compelling story. And the action sequences in general were fairly cool. But so much of it just gets blotted out by wacky production design, stilted dialogue, awful "political intrigue," and Jar Jar.

Basically, when Lucas is on, he's almost impossible to beat. But when he's off...boy is he ever off. And nowadays, I think he's off a LOT of the time, and in some pretty high-profile ways.

I also think he's stubborn and doesn't want to take any crap from you, even as he's also genuinely disappointed that you don't dig his stuff as much as he does and thinks it's unfair that you call him names just because he messed with your favorite movies.

So, in a weird way, I think he has, at once, a thin skin and a thick skin. Thin in terms of initially being irked at the insults and criticisms, but thick enough that he says "Well, too f'n bad. They're MY movies, so y'all can just go jump in a lake."

47. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:lol I guess he forgave me for what I did from my last visit at the Ranch! :lol

48. tripoli

I know he has visited the site. I am 99% sure he does not frequent it.
    Everybody has their strengths. I think George Lucas's strengths lie in negotiations and marketing and the ability to administer through a strong management team around himself. The top CEO's tend to be good in management an extremely strong in picking the successful people working around them. I think he also excels in the talent for directing and film making. Having the multiple skills will take you a long way and he has certainly shown the ability to do so.

I certainly admire hi and his accomplishments, he has had an incredible life.

49. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

50. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

I love George too. Gave me a great gift in my childhood that i occasionally revisit from time to time always with the same affection. Just wanted to see how many people made the jump from title to reply box.