Identifying a Blade Runner Blaster

Jensanso

Hey guys...!
First time posting in here and I am sorry if this has been covered before. I have tried my best to search for answers with no luck.

I finally received a Blade runner blaster as a present from a friend who bought it of Ebay a while back. Getting it into Denmark was harder than one should think.

I have done tons of google search (image incl) but have not been able to find one just like it...

It came in a Tomenosuke box, HCG exclusive edition and with a Tomenosuke acrylic stand (which it does not fit) ...it has many metal parts but what throws me of is the plastic barrel/orange plug (which seem to be in one piece with the barrel) ...I have not seen this on any of the Tomenosuke´s

the flat head screw instead of the weaver screw is also of interest.

This is mind you the first Blaster I have in my hand and its not bad at all ...but at least could be a great way for me to get into modding it to ad more details etc. I have a full custom knife shop with basically any tools I would need to start customizing this incl two full on production Haas CNC´s so I am looking forward to diving deeper into this!

Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm super happy to finally be part of the community with a post.
Thanks in advance..!

Jens

Attachments

Last edited:

userd1402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw this one for sale eBay and contacted the seller to tell him it looked like an off-world and not a Tomenosuke as originally advertised. He told me that as far as he was concerned it was a Tomen and I should mind my own beeswax. He then modified his advert to omit the photo showing the gun in the box.

D48thRonin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
the flat head screw instead of the weaver screw is also of interest.
It's not flat, it's slightly domed. That's how it appeared in the film. When the prop resurfaced in 2006 it had the Weaver scope knob in its place.

Jensanso

Thank you all so much! That was fast and great help. No I did not but this myself but my friend did and paid probably the equivalent to a TOMENOSUKE for it. He is bummed but at least I now how a gun I can modify without being too careful. I’m new to this type of making and it’s probably a good canvas to learn on

My mistake on the flat head. Simple language barrier as I thought it was in reference to the driver and not the head of the screw. Silly Danes.

Patattack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My mistake on the flat head. Simple language barrier as I thought it was in reference to the driver and not the head of the screw. Silly Danes.
You're not wrong though; in my experience, most people will casually differentiate between a "flathead screw" (with a single-line slot) and a "Philips head screw" (with a plus-sign-shaped slot) even if those aren't necessarily the proper names.