Identify this Pred mask - and advice for pred Newby

Fishybob

Hi Guys,

New guy here (Intro posted in the relevant thread).

I was given a Pred mask by Mark Dean, Dalek costumer from Norwich and oganiser of Nor-Con, it's been painted a couple of times already, but i think I can fix that. My questions were - does anyone recongise the mask? It'd be nice to know the origin of it if possible (mark was given it by a guy at a charity do).

Secondly, I'm a sculptor, so was planning on making a custom Bio-Helmet for it - obviously if this was a particular mask, it'd be a damn sight easier to buy a mask that'll fit and customise it, but if not I was planning on clingfilm wrapping the mask and making a rough plaster cast, then pulling a rough copy for size, then sculpting a mask onto that.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments more than welcome.

Predmask.jpg

Oh, that's great, so if I buy a standard P1 Bio-Helmet, in theory it'll fit that mask?

If this is something I can find out via reading throuhg relevant threads by all means gimme a slap......but what mods are made to make a P1 into an Elder?

and I presume, standard dreads etc, will fit this mask fine?

well.what you have it's an open mouth predator mask.I have never put a bio on an open mouth mask but I'm sure some one will chime in with some suggestions.
The mods to that mask are the protuberances on each side of the crown and also on each side of the temples and also at the bottom of the chin. the original P1 doesn't have them.the original just have quills and no bumps liek that elder.
There's also a thread on the buy and sell section that tells you who makes what.if you're lookign for a P1 bio(mask) you can go and contact ptgreek(George) he sells stunt helmets from the original movie mold .
you can also contact biohunter76(casey) if you're looking for more variety he has quite a bit of a selection to choose from.
you can also contact Hez(paul) for a another version of the P1 helmet.
all of them good guys to deal with.
hope I was able to help you out a lil bit.
lem
EDIT:Also forgot to mention that if you're looking for the mandibles,teeth and tusks for that particular mask.biohunter76(casey) owns the mold for the mask and can help you out if you're looking for them.

Thanks a bunch mate, that helps alot.

I was a little worried that I had a recast mask or something as i didn't recongnise it.

Hmmmmmm, I might clingfilm wrap the mask and make a rough plaster bandage cover, then sculpt a mask to fit.....the mouth's not 'Screaming' open, so I might be able to make a Bio to fit over the top.

Hmmm, now to design a custom Bio Helmet.

dammit....I can feel the costuming urge kicking in again...grrrr.

Ahhh, or course, I hadn't thought that there was more 'Jaw' to add to the bottom mandibles, just thought the fangs went directly in there. Odd though, that the side 'lips' are curved inwards on the mask i have and not out like on the Wang one. also the lower innner jaw appears slightly higher so the mouth isn't quite as open, maybe the mask guy modded it in some way?

I think the reason why yours looks a lil different besides the mod it's because the mask hasn't been sitting on an armature thus afecting the shape of the latex.I can tell teh shape of the forehead has lost it's original shape.I could be wrong though
Ahhh, or course, I hadn't thought that there was more 'Jaw' to add to the bottom mandibles, just thought the fangs went directly in there. Odd though, that the side 'lips' are curved inwards on the mask i have and not out like on the Wang one. also the lower innner jaw appears slightly higher so the mouth isn't quite as open, maybe the mask guy modded it in some way?

sorry to chime in but are we sure that isn't a snyder elder? pretty sure anyway... if not my bad...

also, (with the actual mandibles on) they are full sized and can be opened or closed with a hanger piece inside or something similar...

It is and it isn't.I don't give credit to snyder for the simple fact that he didn't sculpt this mask .rosengrant did.
Eric being the lazy ass that he is just added the elder bumps to it.
besides I don't like mentioning his name.it gives me heartburn just to think of such a ******* lowlife!
Lem
sorry to chime in but are we sure that isn't a snyder elder? pretty sure anyway... if not my bad...

also, (with the actual mandibles on) they are full sized and can be opened or closed with a hanger piece inside or something similar...

Aaaaand the new guy opens a can of worms.....it's okay, it's my speciality......:)

It was the way the mouth side curved IN as opposed to out that made me think this was different.

yeah, I'm gonna either sculpt some, or trawl the forums and find some mandibles for sale.

It is and it isn't.I don't give credit to snyder for the simple fact that he didn't sculpt this mask .rosengrant did.
Eric being the lazy ass that he is just added the elder bumps to it.
besides I don't like mentioning his name.it gives me heartburn just to think of such a ******* lowlife!
Lem
oooooh.... well perhaps i was not aware of it's history, that makes sense, SORRY ROSENGRANT!! that name will never be uttered from my fingers either buddy, i assure you :)

huh! whuduyaknow i learned something today!

Don't worry about it bud even though hellonearth didn't know the history of the mask he does know about Eric Snyder. And rememebr kids Knowing it's half the battle! LOL
Hellonearth: No worries, I learn new stuff everyday.That's what I love about this board.always something new to learn :)
Aaaaand the new guy opens a can of worms.....it's okay, it's my speciality......:)

It was the way the mouth side curved IN as opposed to out that made me think this was different.

yeah, I'm gonna either sculpt some, or trawl the forums and find some mandibles for sale.

Okay Guys I'll throw in my two cents

I have this mask and as far as masks they go this is on the small side. That's why I kept it around. I am only 5'8" and I didn't want to look like a bobble head wearing A massive latex lid. Given that said even with the mandibles on you can fit a good size bio over it and it works just fine, Most P1 Bios out there will fit it.

VinMan

Don't worry about it bud even though hellonearth didn't know the history of the mask he does know about Eric Snyder. And rememebr kids Knowing it's half the battle! LOL
Hellonearth: No worries, I learn new stuff everyday.That's what I love about this board.always something new to learn ;)

Hey roninpred..........off topic,....but i painted a pic of your profile pic dude from apocalypto,.........did it a while ago but ,.....maybe i'll post a print sometime,...see what ya think ,........or go to facebook where all my shats at ,......

look up Phil Altum

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back