ideas to fashion a functioning bespin han solo scope?

Frogfreak

Sr Member
Everybody! I need lots of help trying to figure out how to build a working bespin Han solo scope for my esb Han solo blaster.

any help is appreciated!

thanks in advance.
-Jeremiah

Can you define 'working', to make your objective clear (pun intended)?

Just see through?
Magnified?
Red dot or reticle?

OK. So, unless you're an optics expert that can build your own parts, you'll be best off modifying something that already exists. Because optical sights with magnification are pretty complex, that will most likely mean only modifying the outside.

So, first off, do you want it to look accurate? That probably won't be possible using any existing handgun scope, and it will have to be a handgun scope because a riflescope will not have the correct eye relief.

You might be better off trying to achieve this with an ANH hero DL-44... you're much more likely to find a handgun scope that at least has the correct profile. The tank scope used on the ESB DL-44s was actually designed to be used in a periscope, and is very different in profile from any handgun scope that I'm aware of, which will make optics you can actually see through more difficult.

I'm not saying this is impossible, but it will be pretty difficult if you want it to remain accurate in appearance.

Not having magnification will make things much easier, but keeping an accurate appearance will still be difficult.

I've been researching how scopes of different types are put together. So maybe I can buy a resin or 3d printed esb scope then fit it with some real glass magnifying glasses.

Youd have to have a prism and then a mirror maybe... collecting light and then refracting it and reflecting it to another latitude is challenging. Field Marshall couldn't get it reasonably when he was replocating an M19 scope

Youd have to have a prism and then a mirror maybe... collecting light and then refracting it and reflecting it to another latitude is challenging. Field Marshall couldn't get it reasonably when he was replocating an M19 scope
Oh, ok then I guess I probably won't have working scope then.

Hi buddy take a look at this instruction sheet which for the life of me I cant remember who posted, if anyone reads this & knows please give a shout-out to the OP.

You can purchase an A2 style scope relatively cheap on evilbay if you keep watching and with this mod get a M19-ish looking scope not sure if the optics will still work, but maybe an option for you to investigate.

2.jpg

Hi buddy take a look at this instruction sheet which for the life of me I cant remember who posted, if anyone reads this & knows please give a shout-out to the OP.

You can purchase an A2 style scope relatively cheap on evilbay if you keep watching and with this mod get a M19-ish looking scope not sure if the optics will still work, but maybe an option for you to investigate.

View attachment 1090484
That's a really good idea! But the only functioning A2 scopes I've seen are some originals from ww2, which are really expensive. And I don't wanna do that with a resin one, cause at that point I might as well just buy a resin m19. And that kinda defeats the purpose of all of this.

That's a really good idea! But the only functioning A2 scopes I've seen are some originals from ww2, which are really expensive. And I don't wanna do that with a resin one, cause at that point I might as well just buy a resin m19. And that kinda defeats the purpose of all of this.

Can I ask what's your budget?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back