Ideas to display Captain America shield?...

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got my Chris Field's shield painted by GeneralFrosty and it's just the coolest thing ever...:thumbsup

Now how to display this thing?

I think I'll probably just hang it on the wall so it can be taken down and handled, but I'm open to other ideas

** I've checked out a couple threads on guys that made boxes that looked nice, but I'm looking for something on the wall

thanks!

Maybe mount it on a mirror with it raised off the surface a couple of inches and then you can see the back side if you have all the brackets and straps finished? Make the mirror about 6" larger than the shield on all sides and then do a subtle frosted SHIELD logo over the whole mirror.

I've seen people use guitar stands for shield stands before. Of course that's not hanging on the wall though, more for on the floor or on a table.

My first display was a small shelf I made with a lip, lined with felt.

IMG_20120501_094945.jpg

For my current shield, I have a guitar stand I'm going to mod, then mount it to the wall.

I sold my Field's shield and ended up displaying my eFX Cap shield like this...

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,981
  • cap1.JPG
    cap1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 935
Here's another option...

I was never really happy with the eFX Shield's bracket because of the big MARVEL logo and the Avengers "A's" on the bottom of the bracket.

I got this idea from member "blastmaster." It's made from galvanized 1/2" pipe, wrapped in black duct tape and carpeted at the contact points to protect the shield. The shield just hangs by the leather straps and is easily removed. I also like how it now just "floats" on the wall.

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 1,368
  • c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 1,335
  • c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 1,453
  • c4.JPG
    c4.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 3,988
Thanks! Yeah, it’s pretty cool. Rylo offered them here back in 2012 or 2013. I had a dude named Steve Riojas paint it up for me. He’s an amazing Dinosaur painter from out West. He paints dinos from museums as I recall. He did it in a JP3 style.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back