Ideal Height/Weight for Spidey (ADDED MY PICS. Now Add yours!)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by El Fett, Mar 26, 2012.

1. El Fett

El Fett Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm sure there's been threads about this before but I figured with ASM coming out soon and Andrew Garfield having a completely different body-type than Maguire, I thought I'd ask:

What is the ideal heigh/weight for Spidey?

And to the current Spidey costumers out there - What is your height/weight?

I'm trying to get back into Spidey Shape and this will help me in my goal setting. Thanks ya'll :)

Feel free to post your own pics (or ideal spidey look) for inspiration.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. rensole

rensole Active Member

Re: Ideal Height/Weight for Spidey

basicly spiderman is somewere in betwean ottermode and athletic.
    because this shows he is quick and slender but also strong.

the ideal hight would be anywere in betwean 1.70 Meters and 1.85 meters because the same with parcour the bigger the more dificult tricks and flips will get.
    but dude just train how you want to.
    id advise swimming you train y our core and everything connected to it ;)

3. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

What ever it is I can pretty much guarantee I'm not it:

[​IMG]

lol

4. blubeetle3

blubeetle3 Well-Known Member

Dude, you are EXACTLY as I imagine Spider-Man to look!

5. widescreen

I can't imagine how I didn't get the part. lol

6. dipperf

dipperf New Member

5' 10"
    167 lbs (76 kg)

Cool.

7. CinnamonB

CinnamonB Well-Known Member

I'm planning to do a spidey build for halloween this year, and I'm 5'11", 150 lbs with a 28" waist. Hopefully I look ok, and not too scrawny; I had shoulder surgery, so there's a pretty solidly defined limit to how hard I can actually work out. Thankfully I'm lean as heck, so it won't take too much extra muscle to get in the right range. Probably going to look like this version of Spidey:

[​IMG]

8. El Fett

Personally, I'm closer to the Tobey Maguire dimensions right now but I do notice the new spidey being waaay slimmer. Not sure If I'll be able to nail down that look. I'm still going to try to get slimmer though, since I can't really control my height...

9. drakeprimeone

drakeprimeone Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on how accurate you want to get and if its to the movie or the comic book in general. I'd say 5'10 and a muscular lean 170lbs.

10. El Fett

Here's where I currently stand. I feel I still want to lose another 10 pounds or so and try to get a little more lean and defined...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Especially as I get ready for my new ASM suit ;)

[​IMG]

11. El Fett

Any other spidey care to put up some pics of their own physique in costume? Even if it's not there, I'm curious to see where ya'll are at.

12. widescreen

I think he should have been more like me - 5' 8" & 252lbs. lol

13. Madmartigan

Madmartigan Active Member

I'll see if I can't snap some current pics in my Spidey4fun. Right now I'm at 5' 11 1/2" and about 179 pounds with somewhere around 12% BF and 15 1/2" biceps. Pretty close to exactly where I want to be (want to drop 2% BF and add another 5 pounds muscle).

14. pandatrooper

pandatrooper Well-Known Member

I'm 5 foot 8 inches and about 145-150 lbs, all with the proportionate strength of a spider of course! :)

[​IMG]

15. GF

GF Sr Member

I'm 5.7 1/2" 165 lbs

GFollano

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  16. stevechewbacca

stevechewbacca Active Member

Hey !
    How do you build your ASM, please ? I'm making my own suit but always seeking for advices :p

17. craden

craden Member

Im 5'9 and weigh about 12 stone :D

heres some of me in my comic spidey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. CadetTK2386

CadetTK2386 Well-Known Member

I am six foot even, and currently around 165:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Looch

Looch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here's mine-6', 180lbs

20. El Fett

We seem to be around the same height and 165 is what I'm targeting too. Looking good GF!

21. El Fett

I have another question for all you spideys. How do you store/put away your suit? I've had it in a box before, then on a zipped up suit bag hanging from my closet but lately I just keep it in a plastic drawer along with it's upkeep supplies:

[​IMG]

22. GF

GF Sr Member

El Fett,

Thats a awesome looking suit, is that a Ollie or Spidey planet and is it printed on a two color fabric or white lycra? Eventually I will upgrade to a real web Spidey.

GFollano

23. El Fett

Thanks bro. That would be my Ollie suit. I'm actually very glad I held on to it since its impossible to get now and Ollie pretty much disappeared. It's printed on white Lycra/spandex like the 2nd and 3rd movie suit. It's made with almost exact specs as the movies' suits. It's a very beautiful suit but it requires a lot of love and maintaining. I hardly ever put it on because of that reason. I've never taken it outside to a con or anything like that.

24. terryr

terryr Sr Member

I think a thin waist is the key. Maguire looked kind of thick in the middle at times. Of course in cgi he lost 20 pounds and gained 6 inches in height.

25. Nanak

Nanak Member

Geez man you guys look great in the garb, im 5'9" 188 lean tryn to loose a few to fit in a suit before NYCC especially after seeing you guys lol..Still have to get a suit but I have time.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  26. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

I'm 6'4 and looking for a Spider-man costume. I know I'm taller than the official stats state but I don't care. Well, my eyes are the same color as his, under the suit anyway.

27. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

5 ft 11 140 pounds 8% body fat and a damaged shoulder so can only do cardio or i just look odd with certain muscles big and the rest none existent lol[​IMG][/url]
    Untitled by spidermanorthecentury, on Flickr[/IMG] my costume is crap and i have a muslce suit underneath lol

28. Powerhouse70

Powerhouse70 Active Member

Wow you guys are all too skinny lol.

Im 5'8" and 190 lbs....mind you muscle weighs more than fat :)

29. McAullay

McAullay New Member

I'm trying to get a Spidey build going. Among other things. However I stand 6"4 and am planning on weighing in at about 95kg, roughly trying for the same build as Hugh in Xmen origins. So safe to say my spider will be rocking some muscle. Will also help with the physique for my Green lantern, Wolverine, and Batman Begins costumes though.
    Prob try for a Thor build for a new years eve party too.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  30. Nanak

Nanak Member

finally I can add a pic 5' 9" 185ish
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  31. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne New Member

im 6'2'' annd i weight 155llb a bit tall but im really slim so the proportion are fine

Attached Files:

32. gerryc00

gerryc00 Member

[​IMG]

5,11 168lb

33. Lunaman

Lunaman Sr Member

5'8", around 130 lbs. Ultimate Spider-Man level skinny.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    deathstroke132 likes this.
  34. El Fett

* Luna, you look straight off the pages! Very cool!

I realize I never really updated my stats here and I'm the one who started the thread. Doh!

Okay this is from May 4th, 2013. Still 5'7 but down to around 158 lbs. Not bad since I think I started this thread at around 175 lbs or so.

Amazing Spider-Man level "still thick" LOL!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  35. BboyStunna

BboyStunna Active Member

I'm 6'2" 220 lbs my stature is better built for for Venom tbh but i love Spidey so much. When people say arent you too big to be Spiderman i always say "not if you think of Todd Mcfarlanes version

36. Lunaman

Lunaman Sr Member

Thanks very much! You're looking great in your MCL34N suit. I'd like to be able to build more upper body mass like yours eventually to get a more "classic" spider-man size, when I "grow up." :) But right now I'm fine with being teen spidey, as long as I'm staying healthy there's many great ways to look like Spider-Man, evoking different artist's interpretations. The only common requirement is that Spidey's got to be physically fit and strong, no matter what his size! :)

37. El Fett

Thanks! I've since done some re-vamping to the MCL34N suit since I had to do repairs anyways.

Here's my battle damage suit (or maybe I should say DarkTurbo04's since he's the new owner :p). I am definitely more top-heavy no matter how much weight I lose. I have a broad back and chest so I just have to play with that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Bboy, more power to you bro. The stunts you pull on that suit are very impressive! I can't do that at 158, much less at 220! You gotta have a super strong core to pull those moves.

38. Lunaman

Lunaman Sr Member

Right on, man, you got to play to your strengths and work them. For sure.
    For me, I'm not very physically imposing because I'm tiny, but I'm real flexible and wiry, so I play to that instead.
    [​IMG]

I second that! Amazing acrobatics. :)

39. joshspiderman23

joshspiderman23 Sr Member

Lookin legit luna!

Going for a similar build as you
    Im 6 foot, 142 lbs ~ 10% percent bf hoping to drop to 6% but its going to take a very long time.

40. Lunaman

Lunaman Sr Member

Thanks very much!
    Wow, I didn't realize you were that tall! Lean and mean for sure.
    You've already shown tremendous results from your fitness progress, so I have no doubt you'll reach your goals. Rock on, slender brother.

41. joshspiderman23

joshspiderman23 Sr Member

Heres a pic of my smallest weight at 130 lbs, which was way to underweight lol. I think for a spidey 140-165 is a good build depending on how the weight is distributed on the body and also bf%.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    377758_10151324184345561_1960566203_n.jpg

Attached Files:

42. BboyStunna

BboyStunna Active Member

Thanks for the kind words El Fett &Lunaman. You both showcase an awesome version of Spidey..both very believable.

Its funny whenever i dress as Spidey and someone might occasionally make a remark about my larger representation i usually hit a series of backflips and it shuts them up pretty quick.(doesnt happen that often but ill get the occasional douchebags lol)

back when i wrestled at 16yrs old the lowest amount of body weight they said i could get to(healthy) was 185 because of my larger football player frame so even thats still heavier then the ideal Spidey so i could neve really look like the perfect spidey per say. But i try my best :)

43. Darkturbo04

Darkturbo04 Active Member

I guess I have to get into shape too now that I'm gettting a suit. I'm "slim" at 5'7" & 135lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been :p I'll be sure to post up pics one I get the suit.

44. El Fett

135? Oh yeah, you're gonna fit right into the suit with no problem dude. You're way skinnier than me :) Post some pics when you get it please!

45. rltruong

rltruong New Member

Im trying to get down to 165 and i stand at 5'10"

46. Leathkorious

Leathkorious New Member

I'm 6' even and about 160. I'll post some pictures when I finish my suit.

47. skaterdude3

skaterdude3 Active Member

I'm working on an ASM suit. I'm 5'10 1/2"- 5'11" and 180. I'm a lean 180 but a large lean 180. Does that make sense? 34" waist line. Rest assured I'm working on my insanity workouts. I'm looking to be around 165-170 32 waist. But we shall see. I'm only on week 2.

48. Iracel

Iracel Well-Known Member

Im 5'10 and at about 145. Not very good pictures here.
    013.JPG
    011.JPG
    006.JPG

49. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

Hi guys odd question what do you think is the highest body fat % you can have and look food as spidy im around 12% atm at 5'11 140-150 pounds (my profile picture I have muscle suit underneath) im gonna be portraying spidy in June 2014 and looking for similar shape to garfield wondering if anyone knows his height bicep and chest size so I have a goal :)looking amazing all you wallcrawlers ;-)

50. dungparker

dungparker Well-Known Member