Idea for Captain America Shield

Neosuperman929

Not sure if this is going in the right area, but I'm in the process of deciding on how to do my Captain America shield. I've referenced ideas from the amazing work done by irishamericanlad and Chris Fields. For the budget I'm on the steel saucer is ideal and if I had the money I would defiantly go for spun aluminum. Recently I've been watching the pepakura tutorials by Stealth and had an idea. I've already made some cardboard shields out of cardboard, rope, and duct tape. To do that I get something that looks like this (image from Seamster over at Instructables.)

blankshield.jpg

I was thinking about using EpoxAmite 101 to harden it. Then using bondo to strengthen it. Then it would be just a matter of painting it and attaching straps? Any advice would be appreciated.

I think this is a great idea. I admire you innovation. As long as you keep using your intelligence and innovation, you will create a marvelous project.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back