ID this wristwatch

ewige

Well, I looked around and couldn't find any info on it, so I thought I'd see if any eagle eyed watch-hounds can ID this watch. It should be a model from the 1960's (although it could conceivably be from the 50's), likely manufactured in Europe. I don't know enough about watches to identify it from the curved text on the face. It didn't get a whole lot of screen time in the series, but it's still essential to finishing up the costume. :)

Huge hint as to the television show/costume identity in tags below.

I am not a number! I am a free man!

It's an earnest request phrased as a trivia question :) I'd really like to find out what watch it is, but I know some folks here like hunting this sorta thing down, myself included.

You know, I'd even been to that website but didn't think to check it for this one because it so clearly said "Movies" and i instantly thought cinema, not TV.

I haven't got my hands on a bluray copy of this yet to see if there was ever a legible shot of the face.

Longines and eterna also had some pretty close models, but I'm still looking.

Really, though, looking at the caps, the name is likely to be two words with a location beneath them like

Patek Philippe
Geneve

or Girard Perregaux or vacherons constantin, etc.

Last edited:
Longines and eterna also had some pretty close models, but I'm still looking.

Really, though, looking at the caps, the name is likely to be two words with a location beneath them like

Patek Philippe
Geneve

or Girard Perregaux or vacherons constantin, etc.

Agreed, definitely two words in the name, and first word would be close to same number/characters as Vacheron.

Just difficult without a clear picture, as there were numerous watch brands those years, who had pretty much the same looking watch like this.

Tim

I'll second the Favre Leuba Geneve, though there were many watches that used the same case, and the lettering on the original watch is pretty clearly not 'Favre Leuba Geneve'. Here's mine (on the right):

attachment.php

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back