ID this item -

iceman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was rescued from the trash at ILM many years ago (1986) -

I believe it was a painting template for one of the Mon Calamari ships in ROTJ - It is about 3"x8" and made of brass ( and many, many layers of paint . )
Anyone care to speculate ?

stencil.jpg

I think you hit it right on the head squarely how in the world did you come by this

And I was taught that diggin in the trash was a bad thing??????/

we need a time machine to ransack ilm trash bins

charlie

I used to work at ILM, when we kitbashed stuff, we ended up with a lot of sprues with a few parts on them that weren't used, so we tossed them, I Figured I could use them someday so I boxed them up & stored them. I just recently started going through all the boxes & am finding some other interesting stuff in the trash. I have some reject resin castings of TIE fighter wing struts, a 2" Millenium Falcon casting ( like the one seen on the back of the Star Destroyer in ESB ) some other unknown resin pieces ( I'll post pics later )

Iceman
how large of a bribe would we need to see all those things???????????

ha no really its nice that you posted that very cool
charlie

Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Sep 2 2005, 02:35 PM
Iceman
how large of a bribe would we need to see all those things???????????

ha no really its nice that you posted that very cool
charlie
[snapback]1070559[/snapback]​

I was trying to get the pics up this week but I have been swamped, I'll see what I can put togehter over the holiday

Originally posted by iceman@Aug 30 2005, 07:45 AM
I used to work at ILM, when we kitbashed stuff, we ended up with a lot of sprues with a few parts on them that weren't used, so we tossed them, I Figured I could use them someday so I boxed them up & stored them. I just recently started going through all the  boxes & am finding some other interesting stuff in the trash. I have some reject resin castings of TIE fighter wing struts, a 2" Millenium Falcon casting ( like the one seen on the back of the Star Destroyer in ESB ) some other unknown resin pieces ( I'll post pics later )
[snapback]1068199[/snapback]​

Surely keeping all those items in one location is unwise.
Maybe we should keep some at my house as well.
That way if there's a fire or something......
:lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back