ID Help Oberth Class - Grissom/Pegasus

bwayne64

Master Member
Hey guys,
Hoping there are some Grissom/Pegasus fans out there. Just found a treasure trove of new pics of the studio model, New to me anyway. Here's the link to them.

http://imgur.com/a/XT0XK

Anybody recognize these parts ?

Grissom Engine.jpg

Warp Engine

2. 1/12 Tamiya 312 T4 #A61 (cut)
3. 1/12 Tamiya 312 T4 #A37 (cut)
4. 1/12 Tamiya Porsche 934 RSR

# 1 A wheel Obviously, but haven't seen this one .
# 2 May be more than one part.
# 3 Looks like a car chassis, cut.

Aft Impulse Strip.jpg

Impulse Engine Aft

3. Tamiya 312 T4 #A21 (cut)

# 3 An exhaust manifold, from something ;)

Impulse Housing.jpg

Impulse Engine Bottom

2. Mpc Star Wars Snow Speeder

Pylon Parts.jpg

Pylon Details

1. Tamiya 223 Leichter #C8 or #C11 cut

# 6 May be from 1/20 Lieger JS 11. Need kit to confirm.

I don't have any other angles of this section. I'm just happy to have found these great pics. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

Joe

Attachments

• Grissom Engine.jpg
    Grissom Engine.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
  • Impulse Housing.jpg
    Impulse Housing.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Those are fantastic, thanks for the link! Best pics I've ever seen. I always liked that little ship.

Wish I could help, but I'm not very good at parts ID anymore as my memory seems to be turning to Swiss cheese. . .

Those are fantastic, thanks for the link! Best pics I've ever seen. I always liked that little ship.

Wish I could help, but I'm not very good at parts ID anymore as my memory seems to be turning to Swiss cheese. . .

Your welcome Bud,
I needed those pics a few years ago, LOL. Yea I'm horrible at IDs myself. Hoping some of the old hands here will recognize a few parts. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Joe

The outer part of #1 from picture 1 looks to be from the Yardley M23.Part #1 from picture 4 is from 223 Leichter.

Dave

The manifold from picture 2 is from the 1/12 312T4.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Parts #2&3 from picture 1 also from 312T4

Thanks so much Dave ! I have the 312, so I'll go dig it out. I think I have the 223 as well. I don't have the Yardly yet, I think it's used on the 5 Foot Falcon, so I need to get one anyway. These pics are already paying off. I wish I'd found them sooner. I search for pics on the Grissom every so often, and just got lucky with Google, ;) Cheers,

Joe

Dave do you have a kit scan of the 312 t4, I have the 312 t, and 312b. And I'm not seeing the manifold. There's a scan of the 312t over at Ssm, and here as well, but no t4. If you don't have one, maybe you know where I can find one. Google wasn't much help, ;)

Wow, that's a new one, to me. I'll have to look that one up. Thanks,

Joe

PS. Found the kit scan over at Ssm's

http://www.studioscalemodelers.com/forums/thread-1482.html

It looks like it may be one of the chrome parts. Hard to make out without having the kit in hand. Will confirm when I have it, thanks again.

Last edited:
It looks like the Ligier chrome part is close,but it seems to big & to tall.

Dave

Dave, Yea the shape is good, but without the kit I won't be able to check. It is cut if its that part. Will see when I get one ;)

Alonso, hey, I'll have to dig out my Speeder. I was just gonna scratch those, as simple as they are. But its even better if their a kit part, thanks.

You guys are on the ball, thanks for all the help. We may get this whole thing licked. These are the only parts on this model, so not alot of kits needed. Cheers,

Joe

On the impulse engine bottom in front of part 1 the long parts look like the guns of the MPC/Ertl Snowspeeder[/QUOTE

I think Alonzo is correct Joe. Looking at my snowspeeder kit the notches along the barrel match the parts on the parts on the Grissom model, as well as the detail on the end next to your part 1..

On the impulse engine bottom in front of part 1 the long parts look like the guns of the MPC/Ertl Snowspeeder[/QUOTE

I think Alonzo is correct Joe. Looking at my snowspeeder kit the notches along the barrel match the parts on the parts on the Grissom model, as well as the detail on the end next to your part 1..

Thanks man, that's good to know. I'll add numbers and label those parts. I always like to double ck parts. Just don't want to steer us wrong, ;) That's why 10 or 20 heads are better than one, LOL. Great work guys, your finding IDs for stuff I didn't even map !

Joe

Watching a youtube video from NatGeo and Darpa I saw a 6 wheel armored vehicle that had the same tires on it as were used on the Grissom model.
It looked like a LAV AT so I suggest those with the kits of like machines check them out.

Here is the link to the kit scan of the wheels from the AMT kit I posted over at Studioscale Modeler:
http://www.studioscalemodelers.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=249

This isn't the correct one but the truck matches the truck in the video.

The part that looks like a tire is from 1/12 Yardley M23.

m23 001.JPG

Dave

Looks like I was wrong with the Yardley part.Wombat found the part from the Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934 RSR.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back