ID Help - Jurassic Park Plates

I wouldn't consider to eat from it... ;)

Uh, man, let's hope I will have some funds left for this piece... Must-Have for me... Is there an option for a shipping insurance?

Absolutely, I would recommend shipping insurance, tracking info, the works. Would not want these lost or broken.

Yeap a bit pricey... I would very much like this piece but sadly don't know if i'll be able to get it :(

Payment plan? You could pay in a couple of installments :)

Yeah, would be cool, if you take a desposit to secure a plate, so it would be easier to pay this plate...

When I have them in my hands, sure. But not just yet. I have boxes, packing material, everything but the plates and addresses really. But until I have the plates finished in front of me I won't accept a cent/pound/euro for obvious reasons :) Keep an eye out and you won't miss it. Haven't heard a word back yet. But as I told them, I am not in any rush and I want this done as good as possible.

sunsetJP.png
I got a little something in the mail today that I thought I would show off. Received a laser engraved piece of plastic....
JPlsr.jpg
It's the exact same size I wanted and I'm 99.2% happy with it :) next I guess it's time to "ruin" a dozen plates ;)
Stay tuned for more...

Got an update from the company... they have a lot of work right now and since I told them there's no need to rush this project I'll just have to wait a while longer.

Can't wait to see the result...

Is there a rough time frame when the plates are finished? Don't want to miss the For sale thread...

Can't wait to see the result...

Is there a rough time frame when the plates are finished? Don't want to miss the For sale thread...

hmm Any time between late this week or a year from now :p
I have no idea really. They said they might get to them this week... so hopefully next week. I'll post here well in advance before I start a FS thread, along with pictures :)

Another update... been told it's not looking perfect :(
Apparently the JP logo is too big. The heat generated by the laser is making the edges "less than perfect". I haven't seen it with my own eyes but the cheap china the company have been experimenting on can't take the heat, literally. So the question is how will the WAY more expensive Tiffany handle it. I'm gonna see if I can buy a different "expensive china plate" to let them experiment on. I'm driving down there on friday to do a proper inspection with my own eyes and decide where to go from there. *sigh* what to do.... :(

Any expert suggestions would be welcome ;)

So I visited the company and saw their plates. The ones they has used didn't look that good. Best way to described the look of the graphics is that the edges seemed to have crumbled a bit. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Before going I stopped by a shop and bought a $31/200 SEK plate, roughly the same size as these plates. They laser engraved my JP logo and it looks a hell of a lot better than the way, way cheaper plates.

Cropped photo of it: cropped.jpg

Link to three fullsize(3mb each) photos: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4fspba9maczfqp/LaserPix.zip

I did get an awesome suggestion of a better way of doing it: vacuum sublimation. They same way they do prints on mugs and what-not. Gonna look into that a bit this coming week and see if that is the way to go or not :)

Please forgive me as I know this is a 7 year old thread, but...

I've always wanted these plates, obviously though for the price I could never justify the proper Tiffany & Co ones they used in the film. However! Today I found this:

They're not perfect, but they seem close enough for me and the price for four place settings is less than a single legitimate plate. I ordered a set, we'll see what they look like when I get them!

Please forgive me as I know this is a 7 year old thread, but...

I've always wanted these plates, obviously though for the price I could never justify the proper Tiffany & Co ones they used in the film. However! Today I found this:

They're not perfect, but they seem close enough for me and the price for four place settings is less than a single legitimate plate. I ordered a set, we'll see what they look like when I get them!

Getting back to this old thread

Michael

You got the set? How do they look like?
After all these years I decided to get a plate from Factory Entertainment (not that expensive anymore so I went for it).
Will post it here when I get it but was curious about your set.

Getting back to this old thread

Michael

You got the set? How do they look like?
After all these years I decided to get a plate from Factory Entertainment (not that expensive anymore so I went for it).
Will post it here when I get it but was curious about your set.

They're by no means accurate replicas but they definitely give the right impression. For the cost I really like them. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back